Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity cost $9.99/month for many Model 3 versions

Will you subscribe to premium connectivity?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My premium service is officially gone as of today. So, I set up my WiFi hotspot through my phone and some observations:

1. You have to enable the in car WiFi and connect to your hotspot each time before you drive. Not too bad but can become annoying and repetitive.

Any work around for each time before you drive? even if it worked while parked/on before putting it in drive..

Any work around for each time before you drive? even if it worked while parked/on before putting it in drive..
Recently it’s been really quirky connecting to my hotspot for me. Not exactly sure what’s going on? I’ve tried restarting my iPhone, rebooting car screen, etc. I’m having trouble with the car seeing my hotspot once I place in drive. I’m not sure if it’s the latest FW or what? My voice commands are still borked and work about half the time.
There’s an option in the voice command if you say: open internet it’ll open up the WiFi settings and should see your hotspot and automatically connect once you’re in drive. And unfortunately this has to be done each time the vehicle is placed in drive. YMMV.

Recently it’s been really quirky connecting to my hotspot for me. Not exactly sure what’s going on? I’ve tried restarting my iPhone, rebooting car screen, etc. I’m having trouble with the car seeing my hotspot once I place in drive. I’m not sure if it’s the latest FW or what?

I’m also having trouble with the car connecting to my phone hotspot. After I put the car in drive and turn on wifi, the car initially connects, but then after a few seconds it drops the wifi and reverts back to LTE. If I turn wifi back on, it will connect again, but then drops wifi again after a few seconds.

The hotspot used to working fine since I lost premium connectivity last week, this just started today. I’ll try again tomorrow and see if it was just a fluke...

• Informative
Reactions: C141medic
I bought my car 1 month ago and my premium is supposed to last a year and in the car it says standard connectivity. Ever since it changed to standard connectivity, my Spotify has been really spotty with playing the next track. I’ve been trying to figure out who I contact at Tesla for this problem, could anyone give me a phone number or email I should use for this kind of support?

I was never informed about connectivity. I just lost wifi connection after owning the model 3 long range for 15 months. It’s driving me crazy. What is the solution?
Not sure if you changed your email, but everyone received an email notification about the change as while back (it's buried somewhere in this combined thread). That email has the info for ordering the connectivity. You may be able to try ordering from the Tesla app (I already have it so it doesn't show as an option for me.

• Helpful
Reactions: willow_hiller
I was never informed about connectivity. I just lost wifi connection after owning the model 3 long range for 15 months. It’s driving me crazy. What is the solution?

you mean cellular (which we often refer to as LTE, even though you may not get LTE on cellular, it may even be 3G for some connections).

can your phone be a wifi hotspot? that's the easiest thing for most people.

I bought my car 1 month ago and my premium is supposed to last a year and in the car it says standard connectivity. Ever since it changed to standard connectivity, my Spotify has been really spotty with playing the next track. I’ve been trying to figure out who I contact at Tesla for this problem, could anyone give me a phone number or email I should use for this kind of support?

Visit or call service. You probably know the number, 1-877-79-TESLA. You could also put in for a mobile service request via the app, I imagine.

For those of you who have picked up a Model 3 w/Premium interior recently: Does your car / account have Premium Connectivity trial for 1 year? Mine doesn't have it configured as Premium (account is set up as Basic Connectivity) & I’m having a very hard time trying to get this resolved (support is telling me that my configuration [Model 3 Performance white interior] doesn’t come with Premium Connectivity trial, which is inconsistent with the info that’s on their website).

(support is telling me that my configuration [Model 3 Performance white interior] doesn’t come with Premium Connectivity trial, which is inconsistent with the info that’s on their website).
Just show them screen shots from their site - that (should be) all the evidence you need.
Dual Motor.PNG

Premium Interior.PNG

Reactions: woedee
This poll is flawed. It needs more options.

So I voted "No, I don't need it" - but that's not entirely true.
Sure - from all that's offered I only need live traffic and maybe sat maps, and it's not worth $10 every month for that.
But if there was an option to buy lifetime premium connectivity I'd probably buy it - even if it doesn't break even for a few years.
Just draining my wallet every month for something basically useless is not something I can justify.

But if there was an option - "I'll buy lifetime coverage" - I'd have selected that.

This poll is flawed. It needs more options.

So I voted "No, I don't need it" - but that's not entirely true.
Sure - from all that's offered I only need live traffic and maybe sat maps, and it's not worth $10 every month for that.
But if there was an option to buy lifetime premium connectivity I'd probably buy it - even if it doesn't break even for a few years.
Just draining my wallet every month for something basically useless is not something I can justify.

But if there was an option - "I'll buy lifetime coverage" - I'd have selected that.
Yeah, the options aren't the best. There should also be an option for those who already get it free for life.