Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Managed to screenshot it before it crashed

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191207-101951_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191207-101951_Chrome.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 109
  • Screenshot_20191207-102028_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191207-102028_Chrome.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 68
I only see one option, and that is to pay money, and that page keeps crashing :( so not read it all
Well no you can use the standard connectivity and not pay :) or use a hotspot and get most of the same features.

What will be interesting for me is if the SR+ connection gets access to the Tesla Spotify account whereas it doesn’t now with the current connectivity. If it does then I will probably pay, if it doesn’t then I will probably hotspot. As it will end up being £20 a month for effectively using Spotify on the car which is what I use the premium connectivity for the most.

Will live traffic be available over wifi - its rather a loose description? Its about the only thing I use, but its mostly wrong, showing red and yellow where I just sailed through, but sometimes when it is right, its good to know how far you are queueing for.
I don't think it had a star by it, so I imagine not. I've found it to be reasonably accurate, but I'm not in the UK either.

Not sure what I’ll end up doing. We have until a year after car purchase so summer 2020 ?

I don’t listen to much Spotify, mostly podcasts and Apple Music via the ‘phone

Routing will still take traffic into consideration, just not display it on the map. I’ll probably use Waze on the phone or Free Driving Directions, Traffic Reports & GPS Navigation App by Waze on the car’s browser for that

For those in the UK with premium connectivity do you also need a Spotify premium account for Spotify? Or does it include a Spotify account?

if it includes a built in account is there any benefit to having your own account

I’m waiting on an sr+ delivery but also about to upgrade my current (not Spotify) streaming service to a family account so wondering whether to switch to Spotify for when the car arrives

For those in the UK with premium connectivity do you also need a Spotify premium account for Spotify? Or does it include a Spotify account?

if it includes a built in account is there any benefit to having your own account

I’m waiting on an sr+ delivery but also about to upgrade my current (not Spotify) streaming service to a family account so wondering whether to switch to Spotify for when the car arrives
It won't include a Spotify Premium account, you'll have to buy your own subscription to that separately. The Tesla monthly fee will essentially be for these in-car features to be available.

Pretty sure you have to have the Spotify Premium account too, the free one doesn't work. May be wrong though.

Hmmm - £120 a year is a decent slug, esp if you're already paying for mobile data via the phone and a Spotify subscription. I might just use the phone's hotspot.
I'm unsure. Possibly will use hotspot although I don't want to have to keep enabling/disabling personal hotspot on my phone every time I get in the car...and don't want to leave it turned on on the phone all the time due to battery drain.

Although the live traffic maps is a plus...unless you get these over Wi-Fi too...

It's not an excessive amount, £10 a month is alright for essentially unlimited streaming data.

Last edited: