Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price hike

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 3P is up for renewal through work scheme in March. I’ve confirmed I can submit an order today, and if delivery occurs too early they can delay delivery for next batch (eg, wait for the next quarte). Might mean after March if deliveries slip… but I can lock in the price today. Y LR just ordered.

'The Model X saw the worst of the price increases. A Model X Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Long Range increased from $114,990 to $120,990.'

Based on Model 3 US/UK pricing conversion, a brand new versions of our 6 seater X with FSD is going to come out at £120K, including FSD our cost £78K.......bare in mind inflation is projected to keep on increasing over the next 6 months+. The base price of a Model X was £64K when launched in 2016, isn't technology products suppose to get CHEAPER with time, not the other way round!

Bugger. Should have ordered last night when I got home from work but family life got in the way. Will have to stick with the M3 for now.

On the other hand my wife will be pleased as I had already flipped M3 SR+ 2021 to M3 LR 2022. She wasn’t impressed when I suggested going to MY LR. 😄

Interesting how the 3/Y LR have kept effective price parity here whereas in the States the Y is notably more expensive. Wonder why?
Totally agree. When Y was launched in the UK it was priced more than the 3 - so should be as it is a bigger car/SUV. However since Feb, 3 has received rapid price rises that has now put it at par in price terms with Y. I am sure in the months to come Y will see further price increases and overtake 3 eventually.

Bugger. Should have ordered last night when I got home from work but family life got in the way. Will have to stick with the M3 for now.

On the other hand my wife will be pleased as I had already flipped M3 SR+ 2021 to M3 LR 2022. She wasn’t impressed when I suggested going to MY LR. 😄
I did. 23:33 last night. Only not sure why. I have not even got the one I already ordered yet!
Tequila may have had something to do with it...

• Funny
Reactions: yessuz and Pajo78
Totally agree. When Y was launched in the UK it was priced more than the 3 - so should be as it is a bigger car/SUV. However since Feb, 3 has received rapid price rises that has now put it at par in price terms with Y. I am sure in the months to come Y will see further price increases and overtake 3 eventually.
I wondered if outside the States - which has always had an ingrained saloon car culture, so they need the 3 offering as their value model - it’s Tesla just moving on, and only really wanting to sell their latest (and most recently developed) model. We know Berlin Y manufacturing is more efficient, and plainly the price increases show that Tesla wouldn’t mind if they never sold another X… just a thought

Reactions: Pajo78
I did. 23:33 last night. Only not sure why. I have not even got the one I already ordered yet!
Tequila may have had something to do with it...
😂

Two Ys is too many. One makes a big impact on the average driveway
PNG image.png

😂

Two Ys is too many. One makes a big impact on the average drivewayView attachment 817617
I think the plan was more. swap the one I don't have yet 6-12 months after I get it for the latest spec, a different colour and no extra money. Plus give me an excuse to continue to hang out on the shipping thread. I am not sure though, I need to I need to check with Mr Cuervo, (Jose to me, we are on first name terms)

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: candida
'The Model X saw the worst of the price increases. A Model X Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Long Range increased from $114,990 to $120,990.'

Based on Model 3 US/UK pricing conversion, a brand new versions of our 6 seater X with FSD is going to come out at £120K, including FSD our cost £78K.......bare in mind inflation is projected to keep on increasing over the next 6 months+. The base price of a Model X was £64K when launched in 2016, isn't technology products suppose to get CHEAPER with time, not the other way round!
Umm, no.

First iPhone $499, now $899
First Xbox $299, now $499

In general new features ripple down, but prices increase. Some of that is inflation, some is that tech companies get rich

As a cash buyer I’m so glad I bought when I did last year. The EST a grant no longer applicable to teslas due to the subsequent price hikes and without that internet free loan I think I’d have struggled to justify the expenditure.

One of my better car buying decisions I think. Only thing I’m annoyed about is the fact I lost out on the years free premium subscription due to me umming and ahhing over the colour, the interior and the wheel options.

Reactions: kelvin 660