Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Increase! Base Y price up $2,000 to $56,990...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another price increase! They are really betting on that rebate... MYP is still same price

Model Y LR up $2k base to $56,990. EDD August
mbWh7a7.png

• Informative
Reactions: Clark_Kent
I just saw that. I told my son to get his order in ASAP before the price goes up again earlier today. He just got back from work and told me I lied to hime about the price. I looked and damned if he wasn't right. It just cost him 2k. Probably better to go with the MYP at this point.

Damn.... $4k price increase for the Model Y LR in the past 16 days.

I'm sure Tesla is capitalizing on all of the orders they're getting, and having to offset the cost of parts from their distributors as their cost may have gone up as well.

My Model Y has appreciated in price so much this week alone. Between this and the Tesla stock…

Yeah, the Model Y has appreciated for sure..... but only for LR owners.

Since I ordered my MYP back in June, it's only gone up $1k in the last 4 months. I want to say the previous MYP price increase before Oct 6 was back in March or April of this year, and that was also only a $1k increase from $59,990.

Maybe at the current LR price, and the "slight" price increase or the MYP and earlier delivery times, you might start seeing more people just opt to get the Performance instead of the Long Range.

Last edited:
Reactions: El joe
It surely doesn't cost Elon an extra $5k for the bolt-on trinkets the MYP has over the LR. Clearly a ploy to steer more people toward the MYP which is a lot more profitable for him even at only a $5k difference now.

At the rate the prices are going, the LR will cost more than the MYP in a few months as it is apparently far more popular.

Yeah, the Model Y has appreciated for sure..... but only for LR owners.

Since I ordered my MYP back in June, it's only gone up $1k in the last 4 months. I want to say the previous MYP price increase before Oct 6 was back in March or April of this year, and that was also only a $1k increase from $59,990.

Maybe at the current LR price, and the "slight" price increase or the MYP and earlier delivery times, you might start seeing more people just opt to get the Performance instead of the Long Range.
The rare sr has appreciated too. I saw one going for $46k on carsandbids the other day. I don't think it had fsd or anything.

The market is just crazy right now.

Could you imagine being one of the 1000 or so lucky people who ordered a Model Y SR on the 3-5 days when it was available for $40k.

I managed to snag mine for $50k (actually $53k due to tow hitch and red) and feel pretty lucky right now. Maybe once Tera Texas comes online this will slow down.

Reactions: zpaul and Big Earl
Could you imagine being one of the 1000 or so lucky people who ordered a Model Y SR on the 3-5 days when it was available for $40k.

I managed to snag mine for $50k (actually $53k due to tow hitch and red) and feel pretty lucky right now. Maybe once Tera Texas comes online this will slow down.
one of the 1009 chiming in! Ultimate base MYSR - after sales tax rebate, $42k out the door. These price increases make me feel ultra thankful on my timing.