Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Price Reduction on the LR AWD?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cross posting from investing thread. I finally placed my Day 1 reservation order through on December 26th, but I can't explain the discrepancy between my MVPA and the website.

The price of the LR AWD totals $64600 on my MVPA, but the website has it as $65990. I wonder if this means Tesla is preparing for the phasing out of the US tax credit and is extending price reduction to other countries? This is an unexpected boxing day sale otherwise.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 12.05.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 12.05.37 PM.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 12.05.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-28 at 12.05.55 PM.png
    576.6 KB · Views: 58
Yeah, personal circumstances made me delay the purchase. It was very agonizing though having friends and family ask me about it, as well as seeing more and more 3’s in the wild.
Well, one lucky thing for you is you saved 10k-ish vs buying AWD when it was first available like many others. I could buy a P3D+ for less than what my current build cost me in total :oops:

Reactions: corlaandstan
Well, one lucky thing for you is you saved 10k-ish vs buying AWD when it was first available like many others. I could buy a P3D+ for less than what my current build cost me in total :oops:

I just put in my order for a Model Y P, that's my only concern.. but I figure the prices shouldn't dip much since they are probably tied to M3 prices.

I think that's the case if you got EAP then and get basic ap now. I got my car without ap ($72k including red paint) and got ap and FSD during the fire sale. So not much different than getting an AWD new now with FSD something like $77.7k now).

I think that's the case if you got EAP then and get basic ap now. I got my car without ap ($72k including red paint) and got ap and FSD during the fire sale. So not much different than getting an AWD new now with FSD something like $77.7k now).
Yeah, it is a bit config specific. In my case there is also the fact that white paint is now free and it was either 2k or 2.6k when I purchased. I bought with EAP and added FSD later during the sale (so that helps close the gap a bit). My total before tax was around 81k, which is pretty much what a white P3D with FSD would cost now.

My same config would be around 75k today, so 6k cheaper. Now that I bought the accel upgrade I did put more into the car, but it's pushes me closer to a P3D level of performance which was out of my price range when I bought. That same white P3D with FSD and the PUP package (which is now standard) was ~100k in Sept 2018....so that config has taken the worst hit on price adjustments.

Last edited:
I just put in my order for a Model Y P, that's my only concern.. but I figure the prices shouldn't dip much since they are probably tied to M3 prices.
The price changes had more to do with the tax credits phasing out in the states, and since those are gone with the Y it's probably a bit less risky. But the P3D did have the biggest swing in config price so it's always the risk of being the early adopter. I'm still happy with my decision however, because driving this car for the last year and a half and seeing it get faster and better has been a blast.

Last edited: