Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Priority Given to MS&X Owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yup, that is how they do it.

If you use the wrong email address, they can't change it - so you'll have to cancel that reservation and place a new one using the correct address. (At least that is what has happened to one customer so far)

I'm hoping that this goes for people who have owned as well. I had S #2108 before we moved from Canada to New Zealand. At the time with warranty, service, and support in question in taking the car with us along with a massive tuition bill for my wife entering med school we chose to sell it before we left. In the spirit of the prioritization I'll be watching to see if they include previous owners in this batch.

I'm trying to figure out if it would make sense to sign up for the Model S two year lease program to move up in line and hopefully get the 7500 tax credit on the 3. Not sure if I'd have to be a timing Ninja or if it's even possible. Any though or opinions? If it works out it could makes sense financially as a business lease and basically a year worth of payments would essentially be reimbursed by the credit that I may not receive at my current place in line. Thanks!

@mikebtsla - not sure how calculating half the lease monthly payments makes sense... you should be looking at the total lease obligation of $7288 due at signing + $593/24 months = $21,520 plus taxes. to potentially have the $7,500 credit on the Model ☰.
As an existing owner, you still would be queued up in the east coast region - so you would still fall after the west coast & middle of the country.