Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pro tip - Nose reduction kit - rpmtesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to share a pro protip. When using the adhesive promoter/primer it's pretty difficult applying it to the A pillar. I attached some chop sticks to the lid, made it super easy.

Secondly instructional video/website claims it'll only take 30 minutes to install. Sure if you do a sloppy job. This job took me about 2 hours. Took my time prepped each location and installed with precision.

Thirdly I think this kit was meant for the M3 as the front door seals didn't cover the entire A pillar and trunk center piece. Plenty of excess from other doors I was able to use to fill in gaps. Particularly the trunk center piece.

Attachments

• 20200813_185923.jpg
    20200813_185923.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 20200813_190125.jpg
    20200813_190125.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 89
Good idea, it was indeed a bit of a pain to do the A pillar properly. Trunk center I used a few spare pieces as well as the piece isn't long enough. Took me at least a few hours as well, didn't do it all in one go so can't tell the exact amount of time.

Overall I'm happy with the value for money. I picked up at RPMTesla to avoid shipping charges (and driving there was basically free for me due to free EVGO charging).

I am thinking about doing this. One thing I noticed on the installation video is on the front door it appears that he covers the vent holes at the bottom of the door. If so, I think those holes need to be clear to drain any water that may get into the door. Did you cover the holes when you installed?

I am thinking about doing this. One thing I noticed on the installation video is on the front door it appears that he covers the vent holes at the bottom of the door. If so, I think those holes need to be clear to drain any water that may get into the door. Did you cover the holes when you installed?

I'll look tomorrow but I think there might have been some small overlap.

Just so you all know...I ordered the Wind noise, and the Noise reduction kits on June 24th. I returned the wind noise kit (the silicone tubing), b/c it turns out my glass gap was tight enough to not need it.

The Noise reduction kit still hasn't shipped. 11 days ago RPM tesla said it would ship in a week, which, hasn't happened. They said they are waiting on a manufacturing shipment that was delayed due to Covid.

There are other kits out there. Just look at Amazon for model 3 noise reduction kits, you might find one that doubles as compatible with model y.

Also, for the previous comment, I looked at the weep holes under the doors and my weather stripping doors cover them a tad. Still functional.

Just so you all know...I ordered the Wind noise, and the Noise reduction kits on June 24th. I returned the wind noise kit (the silicone tubing), b/c it turns out my glass gap was tight enough to not need it.

The Noise reduction kit still hasn't shipped. 11 days ago RPM tesla said it would ship in a week, which, hasn't happened. They said they are waiting on a manufacturing shipment that was delayed due to Covid.
Haven't got my order from then which I ordered 12 days ago. It just shipped friday... It seems like they have nothing in stock and just wait for their shipments from China.. Much better experience with Abstractocean so far.

Mine arrived and the install was fairly straightforward and took about 1:15. I did use the promoter but the trunk and frunk strips both fell off after driving in the rain all day yesterday. Not sure how necessary they are, especially the frunk, for noise. I did notice the shortage on the doors due to height and will look to salvage the frunk/trunk if they'll work...haven't checked their profiles...although I'd hate to hobble the system together. Definitely helps with highway noise and the door closing is more solid sounding for sure. My roof glass has a stock rubber seal around it which I didn't see in the instruction video, so it doesn't appear there's any place to tuck the seal in. I emailed RPM to see if they're aware of this but haven't received a response yet.

Haven't got my order from then which I ordered 12 days ago. It just shipped friday... It seems like they have nothing in stock and just wait for their shipments from China.. Much better experience with Abstractocean so far.

Really? Dang....not sure why my order still hasn't shipped.....are they prioritizing newer orders instead of older ones?

Mine arrived and the install was fairly straightforward and took about 1:15. I did use the promoter but the trunk and frunk strips both fell off after driving in the rain all day yesterday. Not sure how necessary they are, especially the frunk, for noise. I did notice the shortage on the doors due to height and will look to salvage the frunk/trunk if they'll work...haven't checked their profiles...although I'd hate to hobble the system together. Definitely helps with highway noise and the door closing is more solid sounding for sure. My roof glass has a stock rubber seal around it which I didn't see in the instruction video, so it doesn't appear there's any place to tuck the seal in. I emailed RPM to see if they're aware of this but haven't received a response yet.

How long ago did you order yours from RPM tesla?

I ordered the kit and they told me it was on backorder, I am still waiting! I ordered mine after I saw their video, beginning of July.. I was going to cancel and go with someone else. bought some items from Abstractocean, was happy with their shipping and service