Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just chiming in that I have the same issue on version 2023.6.8.
Average consumption on the chart is roughly double of what the trip meter shows. I like to use that display to show what a better estimate of my range is when it's really cold out or going on a long trip. It's useless right now.

Oh, good. I thought it was my driving doing this. Driving around town I'd consistently be at 180wh/mi, under the 205 rated for my SR+, but now I'm averaging around 300 by the consumption. My range estimates though seemed to be ok. Since I'm driving around NYC, and I know my way around, I never use the navigation so I don't get trip readings.

I also had a TPMS issue fixed and thought maybe something got messed up with that. If it gets fixed in the next release I'll be happy, but why do they release such buggy software. Don't they have a testing script that goes through every function before software gets signed off? I worked in IT and we sure did.

Someone on this forum mentioned that changing wheel configuration back and forth will solve the problem. My car is standard equipped with 19 inch V2 sport wheels. I change it to 18 inch, drove 10 meters and change back. After that, surprise, the car is now reporting more realistic figures (note the drop in the middle of the 25km graph). Well, there is no assurance that this fixes the bug for good but at least is a work around.
Note: we talk about wheels configuration not tyres!

Attachments

• IMG_2392.jpeg
    IMG_2392.jpeg
    183.4 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_2391.jpeg
    IMG_2391.jpeg
    222.2 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2389.jpeg
    IMG_2389.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 86
Noticed the the problem after updating my Model Y RWD to 2023.6.11.
Switching the wheels size from 19 to 21", driving few hundred meters and then switching it back to 19" seems to have fixed the issue.
Taking it back. This morning my Tesla dashboard froze (black screen), so I had to restart it manually.
After the restart the problem reapeared! I've repeated the wheels size switch trick, but this time it didn't resolve the issue.
The consumption graph is all over the place, way above the realistic/previous consumption.
I used to read about how buggy the ID.4 software is, but now seeing how badly Tesla handles an issue that apparently spreads across multiple minor version releases, It doesn't inspire much of confidence either.

IMG_3398_anonymized.png

Taking it back. This morning my Tesla dashboard froze (black screen), so I had to restart it manually.
After the restart the problem reappeared! I've repeated the wheels size switch trick, but this time it didn't resolve the issue.
The consumption graph is all over the place, way above the realistic/previous consumption.
I used to read about how buggy the ID.4 software is, but now seeing how badly Tesla handles an issue that apparently spreads across multiple minor version releases, It doesn't inspire much of confidence either.

UPDATE: After ~10 km of driving today, the energy graphs have come back to the expected 140-170 Wh/km ranges. This matches my city driving numbers from before the 2023.6.11 update.
Perhaps, because of the accumulative range calculations, to see any results from the wheels-size-switch trick, one needs to drive for at least as long as he's been driving with the incorrect data. Or at least for 10km to see the result in the 10km/InstantRange tab.
Also, after a sporadic car display restart the problem reappears.

The odometer did not reset, but all of the trip cards did. I left one trip card and called it "Lifetime" to get an overall measure of efficiency. All the trip cards got reset to 0, but not the odometer.
I also have a lifetime trip saved. I would be pretty upset if it ever got reset! I hope they figure out this energy app debacle soon. It has been going on for too long now.

I tried this and it did actually work for me. Graph for consumption is back to normal. Utterly bizarre tbh.

So, after working for a while, it's broken again. I tried doing the wheel size trick again, but it doesn't seem to work this time around. Surprised they haven't pushed a proper fix for this yet.

On a positive note, I did a 1000km road trip last week, and this does not impact the trip planner (supercharger stops) in any way.

This should be an easy fix. If I were responsible for something like this happening in my former job, now retired, we'd have had a fix out within a day, all tested. I even had inadvertently written the documentation template that was used going forward when I needed to put a simple fix in.

Musk thinks he can run a software company without having testing, QA, auditing, procedures. If they're not in a room coding 24/7 they aren't worth keeping around. This is what you get.