Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Process for receiving referral reward

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From the previous quarter's program, the process appears to be:

1. Wait to hear from Tesla
2. Keep waiting
3. At some point you might get email asking what kind of bag you want
4. Wait some more
5. Nobody has been able to wait long enough to find out if something else happens

Like most things Tesla, you could be sorely disappointed if you try to attach a date to things. Just let it go, and most likely you will be happy one day when you get a nice surprise.

From the previous quarter's program, the process appears to be:

1. Wait to hear from Tesla
2. Keep waiting
3. At some point you might get email asking what kind of bag you want
4. Wait some more
5. Nobody has been able to wait long enough to find out if something else happens

Like most things Tesla, you could be sorely disappointed if you try to attach a date to things. Just let it go, and most likely you will be happy one day when you get a nice surprise.
Exactly my experience as I've been fortunate enough to gather a good number of referrals over the past several programs. I have yet to receive anything from my July winnings let alone the October 15th one.
Just being patient and waiting for a surprise at this point.

When I was down at my local Dublin service center today, the service manager showed me the first set of Arachnid wheels and Pilot SS tires delivered through the referral program, ready to install on a referral winner. They look pretty nice. There is hope that these wheels (and other program gifts) will soon flow to worthy recipients. FWIW, I have one of the leather bags promised. Patience….

When I was down at my local Dublin service center today, the service manager showed me the first set of Arachnid wheels and Pilot SS tires delivered through the referral program, ready to install on a referral winner. They look pretty nice. There is hope that these wheels (and other program gifts) will soon flow to worthy recipients. FWIW, I have one of the leather bags promised. Patience….

I assume that was won in the prior aka July round not the one that just ended?

Before the promo ended I saw my counter on My Tesla display 3 referrals, but yesterday I got the email to provide address and it only had the leather duffel with 2 referrals.

Does anyone know if the counter on My Tesla goes up when an order is submitted but not delivered or only goes up when a delivery is actually made? Right now I can only assume the third referral wasn't delivered in time and it's now lost as it doesn't roll over to the new program.

If my referrals are just going to disappear I'm not sure I feel like expending the same amount of energy this time around.

I got the email yesterday to enter my information. I had 5 referrals. It said the bag would be shipped in the next 2 months, then asked to pick my jacket size and if I wanted anything embroidered on it, and then it asked what color wheels I wanted. The wheels for the model X are the 22" Turbine and you can pick either silver or black.

Reactions: Saxena
The new dashboard at My Tesla shows who ordered and canceled. I had cancellations before the end of the program, but the total remained maxed out so I could not replace the cancellations with new ones.

Last period, I had 10 referrals, but 4 cancellations so I missed out on the Powerwall because I couldn't replace the cancellations. What was really annoying though is one guy placed and cancelled 3 orders with 2 of them on the same day.

Last period, I had 10 referrals, but 4 cancellations so I missed out on the Powerwall because I couldn't replace the cancellations. What was really annoying though is one guy placed and cancelled 3 orders with 2 of them on the same day.

I had a cancellation like that where he placed another order on the same day. The $2500 penalty would make that rare, but somehow I think your two cancellations on the same day cost the buyer $5000. Tesla should have cleared out that noise.

I have 3 cancellations in the last program and still waiting for one delivery. I hope he doesn't flake or I will lose my powerwall.