Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production Halt on Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had my order on hold since Aug of last year and called to begin the delivery process April 9. SA said I would likely get it in June. But I got a VIN on the 19th and was schedule to pick it up on the 21st. Much faster than I thought. Sticker on the door has the manufacturing date of 4/21.
The door sticker has month and year only. For clarity, it was not made on April 21.

Reactions: angus[Y]oung
Also picking up in Highland park. Drove by yesterday. The lot was pretty barren compared to when I was there on 3/18. My date currently says May 5-16.
When we looked online to see if there were any Tesla's in IL, there were hardly any to be found. We got our VIN on Wednesday and have a delivery date of 5.1-5/7. It hasn't changed at all since we received the VIN.

Ordered my model y performance on 4/13. Estimated delivery date gets worse every day. Now saying 6/9-6/25 for me. This sucks.
Our Model Y LR ordered 4/17. Previously, the website returned a range of dates, which changed daily. Yesterday it said June 1-June 19

Today it says: Estimated delivery 3-13 weeks. First time without actual dates and possibly 3 months from now?? Geez...

A reminder that the original post on this thread claimed that Tesla had "officially issued a production halt".

That turned out not to have been the case. It's just the usual delivery schedule, with some ordered cars taking longer than others rather than customers being served in strict sequence.

how's your delivery times? my uncle ordered july 9 and the delivery date now shows Aug 21 to Sept 10. for vancovuer

@ModalYYJ this thread is a bit dated now as the production halt is long over. You may want to look at Delivery times of Tesla Model-Y (June-July orders), or for more localized discussion, there is Washington State Waiting Room (WA and BC are on a pretty similar delivery timeframe) or Canadian Model 3 delivery estimates for new orders are already into June. (Canada-wide and originally about Model 3 but I think there's some Y discussion in it as well.)

Reactions: ModalYYJ