TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Protecting key while surfing

Discussion in 'Model S' started by ndruzen, Mar 24, 2017.

1. ndruzen

ndruzen New Member

Apologies if this has been discussed before but wondering what people use here to protect their key when going surfing or diving? I'd prefer to somehow keep the key on me instead of hiding it in the bushes or the sand. Thanks!

2. skitch23

skitch23 Member

Do they make a super small dry bag? I have one that is about the size of a lunch box, but that would probably be to big for you when surfing.

3. callmesam

callmesam Member

I have a friend that plasidips his key and then can keep it in his wetsuit.

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

5. bishoppeak

bishoppeak Member

I use a snack size Ziplock bag.

6. majcina

majcina Member

If where you park your car when you go surfing has good internet connection, and if you have an Apple Watch Series 2, you could leave your key at home. As long as you leave your iPhone in the car, you can use the Remote S app to lock and unlock the door with your Watch. And Watch 2 is waterproof so hopefully safe for surfing.

This is what I do when I go jogging. No need to carry a key with me (in case it rains). Just make sure you have Internet connection there before embarking on this endeavor.

I don't know if you could duplicate this process with an Android phone and watch.