Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchasing Plaid MS soon, do I need aftermarket camber arms etc.?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Like the title, do I need new camber arms? I'm thinking about pulling the trigger one the new Plaid 23' with these new prices. What should I keep in mind/ do you guys still think it's a good vehicle despite all these things about negative camber, shudder, and vibration? I plan to use this car as my daily driver, thoughts!

no it’s great as it is. Be sure to get 19” wheels.

If you take it to the track your priority is to use track appropriate brake fluid and brake pads but then you will have to replace your fluid more frequently and your cold brake performance may be compromised if track pads require higher operating temps.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoomer0056
Upvote 0
no it’s great as it is. Be sure to get 19” wheels.

If you take it to the track your priority is to use track appropriate brake fluid and brake pads but then you will have to replace your fluid more frequently and your cold brake performance may be compromised if track pads require higher operating temps.
Don’t really care for track stuff, it's going to be focussed as a daily driver. You mentioned not to get the 21" Arachnid wheels, is there a reason for that? I really REALLY hate the look of the 19" tempest wheels, am I out of luck?

if I buy the camber adjustable arms, can I rock the 21" wheels properly? / will my warranty still be intact? I

Upvote 0
Save the money on the 21's. Buy some aftermarket 19's and they'll look better than the factory 21's anyway. All signs point to issues with the 21's unless you get camber arms. Tesla can be very finicky about warranty claims once you've replaced factory parts. Basically anything the touch, or could blame on the camber arms, they might.

The Model S long range is a great deal at 85. While it may be slower than the Plaid, it is still a 10 sec car in the 1/4 and about as quick as a Lambo Huracan. Not to mention the depreciation hasn't been as bad as the Plaid if you don't plan to own it for a long time. Take the 20k savings over the Plaid and buy some Tesla stock and maybe in 5 years or so it might buy you a Plaid. ;)

Upvote 0
Don’t really care for track stuff, it's going to be focussed as a daily driver. You mentioned not to get the 21" Arachnid wheels, is there a reason for that? I really REALLY hate the look of the 19" tempest wheels, am I out of luck?

if I buy the camber adjustable arms, can I rock the 21" wheels properly? / will my warranty still be intact? I

just get the camber arms and 21s

Upvote 0
I heard if I get the 19" wheels you generally don’t have the inner tire wear issue? I really want to go with the 21" wheels + camber but I'm afraid it'll void my warranty?

The 19" are better in every category except looks, but just because they don't have excessive wear, doesn't mean you won't have excessive camber since there's no way to adjust it.

As far as warranty issues, it's the same with any aftermarket part you install on a car covered under factory warranty.

Reactions: chukieboy
Upvote 0
The Model S long range is a great deal at 85. While it may be slower than the Plaid, it is still a 10 sec car in the 1/4 and about as quick as a Lambo Huracan. Not to mention the depreciation hasn't been as bad as the Plaid if you don't plan to own it for a long time. Take the 20k savings over the Plaid and buy some Tesla stock and maybe in 5 years or so it might buy you a Plaid. ;)
Nothing like laying black marks at 80 mph though. Or a motorcycle trying to race you and then thinking his bike broke because you beat him so bad. That alone is worth the added expense.

Upvote 0
The 19" are better in every category except looks, but just because they don't have excessive wear, doesn't mean you won't have excessive camber since there's no way to adjust it.

As far as warranty issues, it's the same with any aftermarket part you install on a car covered under factory warranty.

Spending 15+ years on high end car forums I haven’t heard of 1 person denied a warranty claim based on aftermarket parts.
I got camber arms. Zero worry

Upvote 0
Nothing like laying black marks at 80 mph though. Or a motorcycle trying to race you and then thinking his bike broke because you beat him so bad. That alone is worth the added expense.
This is exactly what I’m thinking, I feel like I can spare the extra $300-400 a month for the Plaid just purely for my happiness. Yes, the MS is fast etc. but I’ll spend the rest of the life of the car behind Plaid’s thinking “Man….”

Upvote 0
Spending 15+ years on high end car forums I haven’t heard of 1 person denied a warranty claim based on aftermarket parts.
I got camber arms. Zero worry
Yeah, it's never been an issue for me either. But someone on the internet will improperly install a set of coilovers and the car breaks, they post about it on the internet and everyone else on the internet extrapolates that to any aftermarket parts at all repair locations.

It's easier to just say that YMMV.

Upvote 0
21 inch tires wore out on the inside at 11k miles. Tesla SC told me to go pound sand. The only regret I have is not doing the camber arms right after I bought it. America’s tire gave me 50% credit for good will and I replaced them today with the same PS4S since they are the best handling street tire available. I am getting MPP camber arms installed and then car aligned next week and am not looking back in regards to warranty issues after installation of camber arms. I’d rather do this than spending $1k on tires every few months.

Reactions: chukieboy
Upvote 0
I got camber arms.
Not sure what forums you’re on but I’ve been an Audi owner for over 20 years and can point to multiple personal instances and other reports of Audi denying warranty claims for tuning and suspension and certain exhaust parts (downpipes). You pay to play and I’m in the waiting room of a local shop getting camber arms and lowering links installed with a potential warranty headache already brewing since the car now seems to be stuck with the rear end much higher than the front, but I have no doubt if I end up having to go to Tesla to fix this that they are going try and screw me based on the aftermarket parts.

Reactions: TLLMRRJ
Upvote 0
Not sure what forums you’re on but I’ve been an Audi owner for over 20 years and can point to multiple personal instances and other reports of Audi denying warranty claims for tuning and suspension and certain exhaust parts (downpipes). You pay to play and I’m in the waiting room of a local shop getting camber arms and lowering links installed with a potential warranty headache already brewing since the car now seems to be stuck with the rear end much higher than the front, but I have no doubt if I end up having to go to Tesla to fix this that they are going try and screw me based on the aftermarket parts.

Umm, switch them back over before you bring to Tesla then if you’re worried about it? 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0