Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Put your own SIM, will be Premium connectivity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a Tesla Model 3

Tesla is not officially present in my country, that why eSIM is not operating.
Singed viewer for SIM card.
I did put SIM, into MCU of Model 3, and asked the service to switch usage of eSIM to a physical SIM in the slot.

Everything is working.
The car has an LTE connection now.

The questions now are :
1) If I pay for a cellular connection should I pay for Premium connectivity?
2) Is there any chance to receive free Premium connectivity, because I have my own SIM card?
3) Anyone knows how Tesla reacts to this kind of request? Any service responses/cases/SB?

1648220918700.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: APotatoGod and wlee
Hi @AlexUA ,

Here in Brazil we also need to use physical SIM. And we have to pay both for our local cellular data plan AND for Tesla Premium Connectivity (even if we are not using their eSIM....)

I haven't heard of anyone here that has requested and got free Premium Connectivity because they use external SIM.

I don't think Tesla would allow that, or else people in the US and other countries served by Tesla would also be requesting to use their own external SIM just to get Premium Connectivity for free....

I have a Tesla Model 3

I did put SIM, into MCU of Model 3, and asked the service to switch usage of eSIM to a physical SIM in the slot.

Everything is working.

The questions now are :
2) Is there any chance to receive free Premium connectivity, because I have my own SIM card?
3) Anyone knows how Tesla reacts to this kind of request? Any service responses/cases/SB?

View attachment 785658

The cost of the connectivity package includes more than just data. I am also almost 100% sure Tesla will not give you anything, even if you bring your own sim.

Reactions: MP3Mike
Nice, good to know you got it for free. My understanding was premium included extras beyond data like traffic routing. But, I doubt they have a check on the backend for this.
the vehicle is exchanging with mothership with pair of public/private certs, which are issued for 2y, with the following renewal, so not much to route, each request for each region, with each task going directly where it can be processed.

no, I meant routing costs money. Tesla pays for Google Maps API access. How much? No idea.
Ukraine is absent in Navigation set data, so, I cant make routes...was great on EU2019 version.
That is the biggest issue in our market, together with battery heat up "on demand"...no routing...no SC.,.no heat up battery preparation before DC charging.

Ukraine is absent in Navigation set data, so, I cant make routes...was great on EU2019 version.
That is the biggest issue in our market, together with battery heat up "on demand"...no routing...no SC.,.no heat up battery preparation before DC charging.

i mean, its not like you have battery preparation if you dont go to a supercharger either. so europe has the same issue.

Hey @AlexUA , we are in the same situation on Brazil: no maps, no heat up before charging, etc.

Do you know if someone in Ukraine was ever successful in solving the map navigation issue, doing something like changing the car map file?

Just wondering if there’s a workaround for that

Hey @AlexUA , we are in the same situation on Brazil: no maps, no heat up before charging, etc.

Do you know if someone in Ukraine was ever successful in solving the map navigation issue, doing something like changing the car map file?

Just wondering if there’s a workaround for that
Yes, we do customaze maps where Ukraine is present (2019version) all latest 2021-2022 do no have our country included.

I have a Tesla Model 3

Everything is working.

The questions now are :

View attachment 785658
Hi, how I can
I have a Tesla Model 3

Everything is working.

The questions now are :

View attachment 785658
Hi, how I can communicate with you?