Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Put your own SIM, will be Premium connectivity?

I have a Tesla Model 3

Tesla is not officially present in my country, that why eSIM is not operating.
Singed viewer for SIM card.
I did put SIM, into MCU of Model 3, and asked the service to switch usage of eSIM to a physical SIM in the slot.

Everything is working.
The car has an LTE connection now.

The questions now are :
1) If I pay for a cellular connection should I pay for Premium connectivity?
2) Is there any chance to receive free Premium connectivity, because I have my own SIM card?
3) Anyone knows how Tesla reacts to this kind of request? Any service responses/cases/SB?

1648220918700.png

Last edited:
Reactions: wlee
Hi @AlexUA ,

Here in Brazil we also need to use physical SIM. And we have to pay both for our local cellular data plan AND for Tesla Premium Connectivity (even if we are not using their eSIM....)

I haven't heard of anyone here that has requested and got free Premium Connectivity because they use external SIM.

I don't think Tesla would allow that, or else people in the US and other countries served by Tesla would also be requesting to use their own external SIM just to get Premium Connectivity for free....

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC