Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Putting down payment now on second model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Going to get downrated for this like a fat man going back to the buffet line for seconds before others get to eat.

Current S owner. Going to pickup the 3 Wednesday.

If I put down a deposit now on a second 3, do I get tossed to the back of the line of non-owners or do I still have some residual preferential treatment being an owner?

I am kind of in the same boat. I was on my second Model S, and am receiving my first Model 3 this Thursday. I had already promised my brother he could have it, so we have made arrangements for that. However, I just found out my Model S was a total loss from a recent accident, so I ordered another end of January.

I called Tesla the other day and they said it should update from end of year 2018 to sometime sooner in the next couple of weeks, because I have seen people who reserved in November get invites, so I would expect it much sooner than 2018.

Both on day 1, prior to reveal.
Makes sense, they are still working through all the owners. Currently just getting beyond Day 1 and some into late 2016 reservations. Still outstanding and hopefully coming in the next round are the owners with 2017 reservation dates. Then I believe after that would be all the non-owners. I would think 1-2 weeks before all the non-owners.

Makes sense, they are still working through all the owners. Currently just getting beyond Day 1 and some into late 2016 reservations. Still outstanding and hopefully coming in the next round are the owners with 2017 reservation dates. Then I believe after that would be all the non-owners. I would think 1-2 weeks before all the non-owners.
We've already had owners with various dates receiving invites, including 7/2017 reservation. At the same time some 3/31 CA reservations received emails only in Feb (although likely their config was already open for a few weeks) - I feel like reservation dates are not being covered sequentially, but based on some other more complicated algorithm that makes it harder to predict the number of "outstanding" owners. But I also have a feeling like some others noted that we're getting close to getting all owners covered, maybe few more weeks of owner deliveries left.

We're also going for the second. It may take forever but we liked our M3 so much and I can't think of any other ICE car that matches with the space and nimbleness. It became our little SUV now. It feels spacious to us and fast like a top trim sedan.

Didn't feel this way with the S since miles were on the low side, handful and expensive. We think X is ugly and FWD looks ridiculous trying to pick up food.

In the meantime, if there's actual plans on Y we might switch our queue.