Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q2 2015 Prediction Competition (with Poll)

How many deliveries do you expect for Q1 2015?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I win by "The Price is Right" rules. Congratulations chickensevil and Crowded Mind.

Wow, I missed that I had an overlapping guess with someone else. Since Crowded Mind picked it first he is the true winner here. I apparently just copied someone smart :D

And I tried to get them to play by the "Price is Right" rules the last time we did this and people didn't agree with that line of thinking. Nice to see that the collective vote from the people was shooting for a decent beat though!

- - - Updated - - -

Total Tesla Model S deliveries before 1st July 2015:

The 80,000th Tesla Model S will be delivered in July 2015.

Yes, but the real question, can they make the 100,000th delivery a Model X? :D Not likely to happen at this point, but it would have been nice. Remember those days when there was articles out every other day about how demand was falling? I laugh at these notions :D

Thanks everyone for participating in the poll!!

On Monday when things were gloomy (Falcon 9 blew up, Greece blew up), I sold Jul 10 262.5 at-the-money puts. I closed them today for a $6 profit per share.

I didn't do much research. I looked at the chart above once. Well, maybe twice. Looked like 11,500 was the median estimate, which would be a huge positive. Even if things don't turn out to be that positive, the puts will expire worthless was my theory.

I win by "The Price is Right" rules. Congratulations chickensevil and Crowded Mind.

Wow, I missed that I had an overlapping guess with someone else. Since Crowded Mind picked it first he is the true winner here. I apparently just copied someone smart :D

Thanks guys, pretty awesome that we are collectively able to guess with such precision. Happy to have someone to share my lucky hypothesis with.