Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
55E8B750-1633-485E-BBD6-58CFC88C9836.jpeg

New farm truck. Should get around the place a bit quicker now!

We collected the above from the NEC on the 2nd of September. Everything was perfect other than the number plates needed centring, which they sorted there and then. (The number plate mounts must be one of Elon’s jokes, surly)
Did a 232 mile round trip from Leicester to North Wales on the 3rd. Started with 100% battery and got home with 20% left. Impressed with that.
We are really happy with pretty much everything, including the suspension. The phone app is light years ahead of BMW’s i3 app.
The negatives?
Such a massive screen, but tiny font size. Why?
The DAB radio interface is pathetic. Our 8 year old i3 is much better.
No alternative route options in the navigation. Really miss that. I wish all manufacturers would just use Waze and stop wasting money developing their own.
Oh, and it doesn’t half shift!

One thing I was really surprised with is the efficiency of the car - i'm averaging 250wh miles/ 4miles per kwh. I find this astonishing that the motors can move a two tonne car + 100kg passenger for 4 miles and only use that much energy. When I stop showing off the acceleration to my friends, this may increase a bit more.
Winter is Coming

The negatives?
Such a massive screen, but tiny font size. Why?
The DAB radio interface is pathetic. Our 8 year old i3 is much better.
No alternative route options in the navigation. Really miss that. I wish all manufacturers would just use Waze and stop wasting money developing their own.
Oh, and it doesn’t half shift!
The fonts have all got smaller over the last 3 years. Which is annoying since my eyesight is going the other way.
Elon is 50 though so i am expecting the fonts to start getting bigger again soon.... :rolleyes:

You won’t get anywhere near 4mi/kWh in winter
Why? My 2021 SR+ was returning 4 to 4.5 during winter driving last year. Everyone will get different consumption based on journey length, environmental factors and driving style. But 4mi/kWh is certainly not out of the question in winter.
In 12 months and 10,000 miles I’ve managed 4.76 as an average. Mixed commuting and longer A road runs to family visits. I’m easily bettering 5 this summer.

Why? My 2021 SR+ was returning 4 to 4.5 during winter driving last year. Everyone will get different consumption based on journey length, environmental factors and driving style. But 4mi/kWh is certainly not out of the question in winter.
In 12 months and 10,000 miles I’ve managed 4.76 as an average. Mixed commuting and longer A road runs to family visits. I’m easily bettering 5 this summer.
You are comparing an M3SR+ to an MYLR.
I can immediately think of 300 reasons why that is not a fair comparison.
250wh/m in an MY in winter seems unlikely to be consistently achieved by most people. Certainly not in normal commuting and not even on long journeys I fancy unless you drive very slowly with the heat turned off.

You are comparing an M3SR+ to an MYLR.
I can immediately think of 300 reasons why that is not a fair comparison.
250wh/m in an MY in winter seems unlikely to be consistently achieved by most people. Certainly not in normal commuting and not even on long journeys I fancy unless you drive very slowly with the heat turned off.
I thought they’re in an M3RWD?

Maybe if you got out and pushed it 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: Sparky750
Ah good point. my original "winter is coming" comment was to a new MY owner. but you are right the follow up 4 miles per kw in winter was from an M3RWD owner.
I’ll be honest, my driving style, environment and use seems to suit the SR+
I’m excited to see what I get from my MYLR which may come this winter. I’m anticipating 3-4, winter to summer.

Vin 411 is 20th July build, a day or 2 after reopening the production line. Any earlier VIN is likely pre shut down prior to the rumoured change with suspension.

Does anyone have a MY with a newer VIN than 411 who can comment on the suspension. I have a feeling not many will just yet as I think post production line upgrades are were on Companion. Would be great to hear if anyone does.

1662325600948.png

Reactions: Toblerone
Vin 411 is 20th July build, a day or 2 after reopening the production line. Any earlier VIN is likely pre shut down prior to the rumoured change with suspension.

Does anyone have a MY with a newer VIN than 411 who can comment on the suspension. I have a feeling not many will just yet as I think post production line upgrades are were on Companion. Would be great to hear if anyone does.

1662325600948.png
I’m 418 but I’ll not know for two weeks ….

Reactions: Darreno