Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4 collections, tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked Tesla for a trade in value on my e class. Was around 3k less than motorway etc. Asked local Mercedes dealer to give me a price and they were the highest (I may have made more going the motorway route but it was just so convenient to sell back to Mercedes as they sorted the finance etc. Plus the Mercedes dealer in Edinburgh is round the corner from Tesla so I dropped off and took a walk round to have another look at the Tesla's!)

Reactions: Lord Farquad
I asked Tesla for a trade in value on my e class. Was around 3k less than motorway etc. Asked local Mercedes dealer to give me a price and they were the highest (I may have made more going the motorway route but it was just so convenient to sell back to Mercedes as they sorted the finance etc. Plus the Mercedes dealer in Edinburgh is round the corner from Tesla so I dropped off and took a walk round to have another look at the Tesla's!)
How do you get a Trade in value from Tesla?

Skipped the queue and swapped to an existing inventory MYLR - only change in spec was to the 20s… however ordering the gems originally has been playing on my mind anyway.

Pick-up date booked, plates on retention on current car. Almost time to sell!

To say I’m excited is an understatement.
Can I ask if the car you got from inventory was in your location or different? I considered this as well but wasn’t sure about location.

Can I ask if the car you got from inventory was in your location or different? I considered this as well but wasn’t sure about location.
It was a different location. It just said “midlands” which I wrongly assumed meant the NEC.

When I rang Tesla they said you have to collect from whatever location it is at - in this instance it was Stratford upon Avon Tesla SC I believe (they obviously move the unsold stock so they don’t clog the delivery hubs?).

However when going through the standard reservation form I got to put in my postcode to “check eligibility for home delivery”, which ofcourse it said no, but then it gave me the choice of Stratford upon Avon or Staines delivery hub….

I took the risk because I knew the midlands isn’t too far for me if push came to shove. But now I’ve got my original pickup location back from when I ordered in July!

Reactions: nrushforth
It was a different location. It just said “midlands” which I wrongly assumed meant the NEC.

When I rang Tesla they said you have to collect from whatever location it is at - in this instance it was Stratford upon Avon Tesla SC I believe (they obviously move the unsold stock so they don’t clog the delivery hubs?).

However when going through the standard reservation form I got to put in my postcode to “check eligibility for home delivery”, which ofcourse it said no, but then it gave me the choice of Stratford upon Avon or Staines delivery hub….

I took the risk because I knew the midlands isn’t too far for me if push came to shove. But now I’ve got my original pickup location back from when I ordered in July!
Thanks for the update. Enjoy the car.

Reactions: DevMar
Just been out for a spin in a YLR (took my Old man too) from Trafford Ctre. Seemed a much better ride than first test drive in Jan. Wipers worked fine, either auto or selected intervals. Ride was really good, traction in the wet was class. Managed to find some settings which I challenged myself with before getting in.

Only potential issue I had was sneaking past PC plod @ 82 on the M602 - passed with flying colours 🤩😜

Best wishes to you all from a Q2 Graduate with 3500 wonderful miles with Lizzie Y. You will notice that there a very few or no post from Q2 grads expressing disappointment over finish and build quality. You can therefore expect a top notch car.

(90% of miles with SWMBO. The rest? Mostly me showing an uncharacteristic interest in popping to the shops)

I have become an avid but slightly paranoid, amature detailer; the product makers and Youtube demo guys are not so good at pointing out what the product is not good for; Lizzie Y has partial PPF and Ceramic coating elsewhere so care must be taken:cool:. I have now settled on products with which I am comfortable enough to get a full night's, streak and swirl dream free, sleep.

Re the excess - you can take out insurance for the excess, which broadly speaking covers the excess if a claim is made on the main policy. In other words, £1,000 excess on the main policy. You do £500 of damage, the excess insurance doesn’t pay. But you do £1,500 of damage then the main policy pays £500 and the excess insurance cover pays £1,000.

we did this last year for our car but for some reason Direct Line at renewal dropped the excess from £600 to £350 for the same cost so we didn’t take excess cover out in year 2
I got excess cover with my Gap insurance. I believe car prices will be easing as supply starts to satisfy demand. So, in the unhappy event of a write off,
(which will hopefully not be my fault and no one will be hurt) I will get close to a new car cost payout. Even so, better to keep my 28 years of no claims (just call me Mr Near-Miss).

Reactions: Fat Wolfie
650 from Churchill, via CTM. Double what i would have paid on a new LR Defender, but not nearly as bad as what some are seeing here.

That said, cheapest time to buy is about 3-4 weeks before you take delivery of the car (according to Martin Lewis), but can't do that till i have a VRN, so that quote is only going up...

650 from Churchill, via CTM. Double what i would have paid on a new LR Defender, but not nearly as bad as what some are seeing here.

That said, cheapest time to buy is about 3-4 weeks before you take delivery of the car (according to Martin Lewis), but can't do that till i have a VRN, so that quote is only going up...
I asked Admiral to process it using the VIN (still waiting on my VRN) they wouldn't do it but my quote is saved for 30 days so that should cover any increases they may try to bang on 👍

Edit, my original quote was £650 but that was without windscreen cover, so took the first one with it @ £705