Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4'16 Delivery Estimates

What is your Q4'16 Delivery Estimate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A glance at the delivery tracker google sheets is a boon for these types of questions. Even from a small sample size, the abrupt change from US customer production to foreign customer production is remarkable. Looks like US cars were being produced up until around 22/23 December followed by an abrupt change to European production (seemingly the factory was not closed last week of December). Many of the cars that were produced in the week up to Christmas were also delivered by the end of the year (US customers).

Okay look at the data sheet more closely, what makes you think there was an abrupt change to Euro production last week and that the factory was open? I don't really see anything that clearly seems to indicate that.

Congratulations. Very great job on this one.

Thanks. It is higher than I had earlier in the quarter which was hovering around 21500 for a while until we all saw the P100D being pushed out later in Q4.

Historically here on TMC, my estimates usually are in the low-end of the bell curves and tend to be quite close except for Q3 which was an "enhanced" quarter that surprised many.

Thanks. It is higher than I had earlier in the quarter which was hovering around 21500 for a while until we all saw the P100D being pushed out later in Q4.

Historically here on TMC, my estimates usually are in the low-end of the bell curves and tend to be quite close except for Q3 which was an "enhanced" quarter that surprised many.

Lol.

Mine is:
46200 MS
19501 MX
====

16th percentile of TMC predictions.

• Funny
  • Helpful
Reactions: dennis and EinSV
Huh, gotta admit, I'm worried about the numbers. They seem pretty low considering they missed their already lowered guidance and end of free supercharging as a demand trigger, though I guess given delivery times those numbers won't full appear until the end of Q1. Demand for the S and the X in particular might be a little weak now, but the stationary storage systems seem like they could be a great piece to keep the company buzzing along. I know they had additional cars in transit, but that's been a built in excuse for just about every quarter they've had for missing projections, it seems. They should have already adjusted for that in their projections.

Huh, gotta admit, I'm worried about the numbers. They seem pretty low considering they missed their already lowered guidance and end of free supercharging as a demand trigger, though I guess given delivery times those numbers won't full appear until the end of Q1. Demand for the S and the X in particular might be a little weak now, but the stationary storage systems seem like they could be a great piece to keep the company buzzing along. I know they had additional cars in transit, but that's been a built in excuse for just about every quarter they've had for missing projections, it seems. They should have already adjusted for that in their projections.
I think it is a good number. Seeing the Oct\Nov numbers, it was going to take amazing numbers to hit, great numbers to get where they were and pretty good numbers to beat smegal. The extra 2200 cars is probably about 200mm in revenue, which will hurt the top line and margins. Not rolling out AP 2 will also hurt margins. On the upside, they have 6500 cars in transit, and production is likely increasing above 2200. I think they are on track to deliver close to 30,000 in Q1 and will recognize AP revenue in Q1 as well.
They took a hit making a big strategic change that pushes them 2 years ahead of the AP competition and lost about 1 week of deliveries. That is a small short term hit and a big long term win and they are already on track to beat Model S & X delivery estimates for most of Wall Street. If I had sold (I was concerned numbers would be worse), I'd be 100% back in tomorrow.

Reactions: EinSV
The polls did great, actually. They predicted Hillary by 3%, and she won by 2%. But she overperformed in deep-blue states (CA, NY) and underperformed in swing states (FL, PA, MI) just enough to lose them. Bad geographical batching on her part.

The non-Republican polling firms had Clinton

Florida +1.5
Pennsylvania +4
Michigan +5
Wisconsin +6

USA +4 if you exclude the R firms.

The non-Republican polling firms had Clinton

Florida +1.5
Pennsylvania +4
Michigan +5
Wisconsin +6

USA +4 if you exclude the R firms.

Ah, I take your point. I never put much faith in the individual state polls, though when you aggregate them, they paint a fairly accurate national picture. Similarly, polls from R firms aren't themselves very accurate, but when added to the overall mix, they tend to make the overall mix more accurate.

Had Clinton won by 3 points instead of 2, FL PA MI and WI all would have been unexpectedly close, but Clinton would have won all of them. And with them, the electoral college.