Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Queensland Electric Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's neat - so all you need as a type2-type2 (menneke) cable and you can always plug in even if the DC charger is busy? Any recommendations on the length one should get for this? standard seems to be 5m (15ft) I suppose you'd want it to be extra long in case all spots are taken.

Contemplating driving to Palm Cove in July from Sydney with my S. Never used the QESH - any advice on which charge club/card I need to be a member of for this to work?

no big deal, only really need to charge in Maryborough, Carmilla, Proserpine and Townsville (evie) on the way.
get yourself a chargefox rfid (chargers are in rural locations and might occasionally not have a phone signal) and evie account.

10 days. 9 days with a spare day.

2 days to get up to Rockhampton.
Then it slows down.
Day 3 to longreach.
Day 4 to winton.
Day 5 to Mt isa.
Day 6 to Barkley road house.
Day 7 to Mataranka.
Day 8 to Katherine
Day 9 to Darwin.
Ok - sounds like a great trip - although there may be a bit of the GAFA in there. So 10 days of great videos to watch I hope - are you returning the same way? Another great road trip like Tesla Tom with his Adelaide trip - I'm somewhat jealous of the both of you. Cheers

Reactions: johnchidgey
Ok - sounds like a great trip - although there may be a bit of the GAFA in there. So 10 days of great videos to watch I hope - are you returning the same way? Another great road trip like Tesla Tom with his Adelaide trip - I'm somewhat jealous of the both of you. Cheers
I had to look up what 'GAFA' stands for. The Great Australian f-all. Nice.

After a month in Darwin, I'll be coming back via Alice springs, port Augusta, mildura...

Expansion to QESH Phase 3.

An additional $1.08 million has been secured to deliver six more charging stations at Richmond, Kynuna, Injune, Rolleston, St George and Cunnamulla

Phase 3 had already been allocated $2.75 million to build 18 sites at Charters Towers, Hughenden, Julia Creek, Cloncurry, Mount Isa, Goondiwindi, Stanthorpe, Winton, Longreach, Barcaldine, Blackall, Emerald, Dingo, Charleville, Roma, Miles, Kingaroy and Esk.

Phase 3 works are expected to start from mid-2022 with all 24 sites expected to become progressively operational by mid-2023.

Richmond and Kyuna in the North providing better connections to Cloncurry.
Rolleston and Injune link Emerald and Roma on the Carnarvon
St.George and Cunamulla provide better connections to NSW from Roma and Charleville on the Carnarvon and Mitchell Hwy respectively
And link with NRMA chargers at Walgett and Bourke.

@cafz might want to update the great map from #236

Last edited:
For anyone like me going "where the hell is that?" ...

BeLtoVh.png