Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Question for M3 white interior owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like the only issue is other people being upset that you got it for free :cool:

I would take that offer in a second. As a few people mentioned the white looks amazing and I find it gives a more spatious feeling to the cabin. As a side note, black coffee has been spilled on my seats twice with absolutely no effect to the finish. It just wipes off without a trace, as was demonstrated with red wine.

• Love
Reactions: NeverFollow
How hard is it to keep those white seats clean? My wife says don't ever get a white interior for cleaning purposes. The white seats look nice, but once they have 10,000 miles on them, and dust and dirt and crumbs from Taco Bell hard tacos in the cracks.... how about then?

Plus Tesla is grossly overcharging $1500, I think it is, for the white interior now, and I think that's ridiculous. I'd rather have cloth seats anyway.

How hard is it to keep those white seats clean? My wife says don't ever get a white interior for cleaning purposes. The white seats look nice, but once they have 10,000 miles on them, and dust and dirt and crumbs from Taco Bell hard tacos in the cracks.... how about then?

Plus Tesla is grossly overcharging $1500, I think it is, for the white interior now, and I think that's ridiculous. I'd rather have cloth seats anyway.
I’d tell her, “no quero Taco Bell” is the answer.

• Funny
Reactions: focher
I’ve ordered a gray w/black interior M3P. Tesla called and said I could get a gray with white interior immediately. My main concern, and question for you guys: does the white “stripe” on the dash reflect into the window on bright days? Or any part of the interior? I’ve read a lot of posts about white interior but haven’t found this mentioned yet. Would really appreciate any feedback. Have to make the choice tomorrow. They’ve even offered to not charge for the white...

Thanks!

Reflectivity of the white dash trim piece was a concern of mine also. When I got my car, I did notice it for perhaps the first week. I got used to it and don't notice it at all now. I really don't think it's a big deal.

Tesla used a fake leather (still high quality though). Much easier to keep clean compared to true white leather

If your worried like I was just apply some ceramic coating to them :)

White is only $1000 now, they reduced the price 2 days after mine was delivered.

Again I want to thank you folks for the great info. I talked to Tesla today and ordered the white interior. It is a new car built in late December 2018. So yes it won’t be a 2019. That’s ok with me. Interestingly ALL the available inventory vehicles in the Souteast had white interiors. He said I could definitely wait for a production run this quarter for black interior, but this car will be delivered in 3 weeks...

I’ve ordered a gray w/black interior M3P. Tesla called and said I could get a gray with white interior immediately. My main concern, and question for you guys: does the white “stripe” on the dash reflect into the window on bright days? Or any part of the interior? I’ve read a lot of posts about white interior but haven’t found this mentioned yet. Would really appreciate any feedback. Have to make the choice tomorrow. They’ve even offered to not charge for the white...

Thanks!
The white dash stripe has a very flat finish. I have never seen it reflect anything.

It’s all good. Never noticed a reflection. Of course, now that some say it exists it might now haunt me.

But worse, I can no longer enjoy my car now that I’ve learned others got it for less than me. It’s why I always bring a parachute when I fly commercial. Inevitably, someone next to me bought a cheaper ticket so I have to jump out of the plane, declaring my refusal to ever fly that airline again.

• Funny
Reactions: 2012MS85
Love my white interior and have 0 issues with it.
Only advice I could give regarding it would be to go darker on the tint than you want (if you're looking for a lower %VLT)
I have a white on white and I initially did 30% side windows. Ended up going back and redoing at 15%.
Even with 15% in certain lighting, the view of the interior from the outside is surprisingly clear.