Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions For Uk Model 3 Owners (delivery Complete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok cheating a bit since I picked my car up yesterday so am technically a new owner but does anyone know how to display consumption as miles/kwh? I have got used to it like that in my i3 and can't get my head around kwh/100 miles or whatever it is!

does anyone know how to display consumption as miles/kwh?

I don't think that you can. wH/mile (or wH/km) only AFAIK

Related (sorry if you already know this) :

I use Percent rather than the "range guess" and do my own maths. My "real world range at speed" is about 240 miles, if charged to 100%, so 1%=2miles works for me, giving me some contingency.

In foul weather I mentally adjust "a bit less"

For range-challenged journeys I set SatNav (even if I know the route) and use Energy Screen, press the TRIP tab, to get the predicted graph of energy - so that i can see if the predicted arrival falls below, say, 10% [contingency] and then I slow down (or, conversely, speed up if it goes above 10%)

I don't think that you can. wH/mile (or wH/km) only AFAIK

Related (sorry if you already know this) :

I use Percent rather than the "range guess" and do my own maths. My "real world range at speed" is about 240 miles, if charged to 100%, so 1%=2miles works for me, giving me some contingency.

In foul weather I mentally adjust "a bit less"

For range-challenged journeys I set SatNav (even if I know the route) and use Energy Screen, press the TRIP tab, to get the predicted graph of energy - so that i can see if the predicted arrival falls below, say, 10% [contingency] and then I slow down (or, conversely, speed up if it goes above 10%)

Damn, how odd if that is the case. I do know about the trip tab, really useful. Thanks

So for people who have taken delivery, have you needed to contact Tesla to resolve any issues yet?

Mine seems pretty good on the whole, but there is a scuff on the front bumper that I'd like to get sorted....

Had mine since the 25th June and had to sort out a couple of things. 1. Within a day I had broken the clip that holds the sun visor! Might have been me being over zealous. Anyway the mobile service came to my house and fixed it. 2. My UMC kept on giving me “ground loss” errors and wouldn’t charge my car. Again mobile service team can to my house replaced it.

Both times they were really efficient and service was top notch and quick via the app.

Another question for other peeps with car in hand.

I stopped at one of the new Instavolt 125kW chargers on the way home, had about 62% SOC. Only got a peak of about 35kW. I'm SR+ so I know not to expect more than 102kW max, and I guess 62% is fairly high to begin with but would you expect a better rate?

Cheers!

I stopped at one of the new Instavolt 125kW chargers on the way home, had about 62% SOC. Only got a peak of about 35kW. I'm SR+ so I know not to expect more than 102kW max, and I guess 62% is fairly high to begin with but would you expect a better rate?

Cheers!

Instavolt Shrewsbury gave me the same charge rate last week. It's a big improvement over 11kw AC so I was happy to get that.

IMG_20190810_141116~2.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: TestPilot

Cheers!
I popped into Birchanger services last night for my first super charging session and had the same 35kw charge rate.

Birchanger services last night for my first super charging session and had the same 35kw charge rate.

Paired? (Other A/B stall occupied). That would only give you whatever was "left over" by the other car - and then full power once that car leaves ... car will Taper too, so reduce kW as the percentage increases.

"Paired" is more of a problem at sites where there are only a couple of stalls converted to dual-hoses for Model-3 - particularly if a Model-S/X parks there (when other stalls are free). Tesla did put "priority for Model-3" stickers on them originally, but unfortunately that has not been universal

Reactions: Roy W.
Paired? (Other A/B stall occupied). That would only give you whatever was "left over" by the other car - and then full power once that car leaves ... car will Taper too, so reduce kW as the percentage increases.

"Paired" is more of a problem at sites where there are only a couple of stalls converted to dual-hoses for Model-3 - particularly if a Model-S/X parks there (when other stalls are free). Tesla did put "priority for Model-3" stickers on them originally, but unfortunately that has not been universal
I think it will be less of a problem the more Model X and S drivers encounter Model 3s in real life. The guy parked in one of the converted stalls offered to move if I explained what the difference was, he said he'd never seen an M3 about so hadn't been worrying about it :)

It's not commonly known that we M3 drivers can't use the type 2 connector on a supercharger....

Only car present throughout.

Reactions: WannabeOwner