Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Questions For Uk Model 3 Owners (delivery Complete)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was under the impression that they are sending emails beforehand so that you can get unto speed on how the car works and hopefully answer some questions for new buyers

Pretty sure Tesla have a "just hand over the keys" service in USA. Final Paperwork done online beforehand, but what it really needs is an interactive online computer-based-training course so that you can do all that showroom handover stuff from the comfort of your armchair (and Tesla not incur the wages-cost)

6C6241E8-156E-4AEA-8EF5-FBDAA4613958.jpeg
One of these Pedestrian Cable Cover from The Workplace Depot

Nobody's sued me for tripping over it to date. It has to live outside though as the rubber stinks.
This is what my setup looks like

Thanks, Also any complaints or worried neighbours?

Sorry about the questions as i will be in the same boat
No, if anything my neighbours have been super helpful, often asking if I need to charge if they have parked outside my house. I did end up getting a 5m extension cable after someone parked their van outside my house for two weeks over Christmas one year, and the other day had to go use a free local charging station as I couldn't get within range to charge, but those are the only two issues I've had.

It also generates a lot of questions about EVs when you go out to plug in and unplug, which has all been positive.

Reactions: davidmc and Roy W.
No, if anything my neighbours have been super helpful, often asking if I need to charge if they have parked outside my house. I did end up getting a 5m extension cable after someone parked their van outside my house for two weeks over Christmas one year, and the other day had to go use a free local charging station as I couldn't get within range to charge, but those are the only two issues I've had.

It also generates a lot of questions about EVs when you go out to plug in and unplug, which has all been positive.
Brilliant, and thanks for the response. Might have to get an extension just in case and the cable cover too.

Reactions: fakoriginal
Yes it does. Two sets in the back. I've not checked the front cause I assumed not

Thanks I have passed it on but he wants three sets for his angels so is going for a Prius+ I did tell him he won't have a crash in the Model 3 and if he does the massive crumple zone will ensure his cherubs are kept safe but he's isofixated! Hopefully the Model Y will have 3 sets and he can use my referral code for his next car

Reactions: WannabeOwner
View attachment 423801
View attachment 423801

This is exactly the same set-up I currently have and a very similar response from neighbours. And yes the rubber stinks! When I first set it up I had a lot of backlash from some forum members (not here) about safety but as you said the response from neighbours and passersby have been overwhelmingly positive and often will strike up conversation and EVs.

Now I have the MX it’s a little different and rely on SC and the occasional top up at home. If I had anticipated on getting an EV when we moved I would have opted for a house with a driveway but didn’t really have the foresight.

Not the best experience but it sounds like what they had planned to keep delivered going out the door quickly, doesn't help that this will likely be the busiest times they have ever experienced as well. I was under the impression that they are sending emails beforehand so that you can get unto speed on how the car works and hopefully answer some questions for new buyers.

Yes, they did send emails, which linked to a few useful videos - which I watched. Anyway, all forgiven and forgotten!

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
I found the whole picking up the car very exciting but also very nerve wrecking. They had the car waiting for me under a Tesla branded tent and the Tesla employer ready to welcome me. He was very friendly and answered all my questions very well. But i felt like I just didn't know enough about the car to drive it properly of the forecourt. I'd driven an S briefly last year but that was it. So even though he's went through the process it all went in one ear and out the other. I think it's because I was trying to take everything in.
He said 'they're really isn't anything to it, it's so simple' and yet he spent 20 mins going through all the menus with me so I really wasn't sure he was telling the truth.
But it took me all of about 4 minutes from driving it off the forecourt to realise he was right, it really is super simple. If there's one thing I still think is wrong about engaging the car to drive it, it's that you move the drive stick up for reverse and down to go forwards. To me that's the wrong way around. I feel like if I'm going to go forwards the drive stick should be pushed up towards the windscreen, in-line to where you're looking.
I've kind of gotten used to it now but I still say it's wrong.

Other things I've learned so far.

Super charger cables are super short. Make sure you reverse your car as close as you can to the charger.

The Tesla assistant recommended I leave the 'creep' mode off. I had my brother with me, he doesn't have a Tesla but had similar function in his car and insisted that creep was best.
We decided to leave it off for the time being and I have to say I don't miss the car creeping forwards at all. And one thing that makes it really awesome is that if you want to beat someone off the lights you can just hover your foot over the accelerator and they have no clue you're about to blast off. Where as in a normal car it's hard to prevent the car creeping slightly when you're feathering the clutch. Had super fun tonight doing this when a mini cooper S was edging forward waiting for the lights to go green. Before he even had time to start moving I was around 100 metres down the road. I honestly can't express how much fun that is to do.

Autopilot is really nice to have on the motorways but I still find it a little nerve wrecking and it does sometimes have weird momements that can really be disconcerting. For example breaking hard for no reason.

Overall so far I'm loving it.