Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Quick Way To Open Trunk From App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I found this by accident. I was asking people before in other threads to see if there was a way to move trunk unlock button from within the Controls section of the app to the main page or exchange it with the frunk button. Nope no way, the buttons are locked.

So on Android phones, if you swipe down on the Tesla notification that's always in your notification tray, you'll see 3 quick buttons. One of them is the open trunk button!

I never seen this mentioned in all the tips video i've watched and on this forum. I figured i'll share.

So I found this by accident. I was asking people before in other threads to see if there was a way to move trunk unlock button from within the Controls section of the app to the main page or exchange it with the frunk button. Nope no way, the buttons are locked.

So on Android phones, if you swipe down on the Tesla notification that's always in your notification tray, you'll see 3 quick buttons. One of them is the open trunk button!

I never seen this mentioned in all the tips video i've watched and on this forum. I figured i'll share.
iOS has a Control Center, you swipe to the left and you can put some widgets there. I have the Tesla app, Stats and EV Watch there. As you can see, Stats has a Trunk unlock button:
by default 2020-06-23 at 10.43.59 PM.jpg

Thanks! I always just pressed the "v"/Caron/upside down Caret. Now I know I can do a "drag down", it's a little subtle. If swipe too fast it doesn't work, if I linger too long before dragging down it also doesn't work. But if I don't think over think it's pretty slick.

I misspoke, it's not the Control Center, that's the thing you swipe down from the upper right corner. What I'm looking at is the widget place:
• you get to it by swiping left to right on your home screen.
• then scroll all the way down to the bottom, and click the "edit" button
• then add the widgets you want, and order them the way you want. As you can see, I put Tesla at the top, followed by Stats and EV Watch.

I couldn't remember what the widget place was called, and the first thing that came to mind was "Control Center", but that's something for system control shortcuts.
IMG_6547.jpeg