Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[R+T] Electric Torque Is No Replacement for a High-Revving Engine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the last time i checked, the biggest track near me has a back straight that is about 1km long = 0.625 miles.
1/4 mile is just a short stretch, b/c people in the 50/60s needs a safe place to race in a straight line... cars in that era only have a few HP.

an Ev car has no chance past even 1/3 mile. no power no tq at high rpm that is just facts.

Please show me 1 video of a Panamera besting a model s or x at the strip. There are plenty of videos of Teslas stomping ICE cars in the 1/4 mile......over & over & over. Just google "Tesla vs" you'll see

• Disagree
Reactions: AUSinator
1999 mercury-cougar for reference, i can see the resemblence for sure.

1999-mercury-cougar-6.jpg
Ok. Now you've shown your hand. No reasonable or objective person would come to this conclusion. It does have four wheels so you're right there.

Reactions: Red Sage
the last time i checked, the biggest track near me has a back straight that is about 1km long = 0.625 miles.
1/4 mile is just a short stretch, b/c people in the 50/60s needs a safe place to race in a straight line... cars in that era only has a few HP.

Ev cars has no chance past even 1/3 mile. no power no tq at high rpm that is just facts.
Buy 1/3 of a mile I will be sitting at the next stop light laughing at your BMW....over & over & over

Dude, I really just don't understand why you're trying so friggin hard to convince everybody that electric cars aren't good race cars. Well duh! And who cares???

Your argument is tantamount to arguing that people shouldn't own terriers because they can't race on a track against a greyhound. Great! You wanna track race, buy the greyhound. If you just want a loyal pet that loves you, get whatever, but it doesn't have to be a greyhound.

The fact that current BEV technology can't do long term high speed has absolutely nothing to do with why people are buying them. And if you're so very determined to convince readers of a Tesla forum that they're investing in poor technology, why did you reserve one, and why don't you just go over to the fast car forums and trash talk BEVs over there? (on second thought, I'm guessing you do...)

There's a lot of cars out there that aren't track cars, and they'd likely blow their engines if they tried, but that's not why people bought them. If you want to argue what's best based simply on what's good on the track, you really should get on a forum where that's what the cars are meant to do. That's not Tesla. Maybe one day they'll have something that will dust a BMW on the track, but we all admit that today they can't. Big deal.

Sure, a Model S isn't exactly the perfect trackday car. In the hands of Nurburgring resident Robb Holland, it could only manage a "bridge-to-gantry" lap time of approximately 10 minutes. Given that I've run a 9:15 bridge-to-gantry in a 163-hp Mercedes-Benz SLK200 rental car, I can't say that I'm impressed by that time.

Funny, there is a Youtube video in which a non Nürburgring resident, a tourist, manages a time of 8:50 in a Tesla S. On 19" non-performance stock tires with active recuperation (which overheats the battery probably even faster):

And the rest of the article is obviously written by morons.

EV is not that fast, just letting you know.

I beg to differ.

0-100 kmh (0-62 mph) in 1.779 seconds:

Top speed of 204.185 mph:

Nürburgring time of 7:48:

Oh yeah, and I am comparing apples with oranges - just like the idiotic article...

Last edited:
seems like all Ev owners wanted to do is compare straight-line times, that is what the author of the article pointed out.
and certainly it seems to be very true.

I never know pressing down a pedal with one speed transmission takes this much skills lol

so @doubejj, why didn't you look up laguna seca laptimes?

There's even a Formula E race which is drawing more viewers than the Formula 1.