Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raise your hand if you feel forgotten on the trunk camera harness recall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go to "service" in the app. I happen to do that yesterday and it showed the part was available and I was able to book a mobile service for this Wednesday.
Is there a trick? This recall doesn't show up in the app for me (the CCS retrofit does, for "early 2023") nor does Mobile service. The first appointment is Feb 24 in Palo Alto, so I booked that.

They didn't have the parts last time I tried.

Last edited:
Keep trying. I got letter at same time and Mobile Service was just out last week and repaired it. I think each Service Center just gets a few parts in at at time. The first time I got the notice I was too busy and then they used up that batch of part for others, but then they sent me another about a month later and I had time to get this one scheduled. Takes the tech about an hour as it's a fairly involving job. But they said it's a good thing I got in the second time as it was on the verge of breaking.

• Helpful
Reactions: Transformer
Yeah, it seems like “notify” isn’t in their vocabulary and, instead, we’re expected to regularly check the service tab or simply stumble upon it being an available option.

Fortunately, this isn’t a critical safety issue and those who are actually having problems will be more inclined to watch that space so Tesla’s not getting too much grief for their methodology.

• Informative
Reactions: pnwadventures
The tech said that I didn't have the problematic wires, but he replaced it anyway.
+1. Mine should be identical, delivered a few days later (post-incentives). Supposedly with non-problematic wires they add a cable chain for protection.

Did the Recall item appear in your app's service section? It doesn't for me. The service team replied, "it doesn't look like your vehicle has a recall for the trunk lid harness at this time." That'd be nice but it doesn't match the 12/31/2021 email notification or 2/15/2022 postal notification.

+1. Mine should be identical, delivered a few days later (post-incentives). Supposedly with non-problematic wires they add a cable chain for protection.

Did the Recall item appear in your app's service section? It doesn't for me. The service team replied, "it doesn't look like your vehicle has a recall for the trunk lid harness at this time." That'd be nice but it doesn't match the 12/31/2021 email notification or 2/15/2022 postal notification.
Yes, the item showed up in the Service section of the app and is no longer there.

I'm with you. Got the letter in 2021. All I see in service is the CCS retrofit and now I'm out of warranty. I saw a separate thread of someone who was getting it replaced and Tesla was trying to charge outside of warranty even though it is a recall
Mine had disappeared from the service section of the app leaving just the CCS retrofit, but now it is back. When I select it, I get a message that I will receive a notification in the Tesla App when parts are available. I'm wondering if anyone has received such a notification or if we just have to keep checking the app or at a service center.

• Helpful
Did the Recall item appear in your app's service section? It doesn't for me. The service team replied, "it doesn't look like your vehicle has a recall for the trunk lid harness at this time."
After I offered to send the email or postal recall notification, they confirmed the appointment. $0 estimate. ♥️ Appreciate the helpful info.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Go to "service" in the app. I happen to do that yesterday and it showed the part was available and I was able to book a mobile service for this Wednesday.

I had actually forgotten about the recall since I was not having any issues. I was checking the app to see if the CCS update was available.
Yeah, right.... literally two minutes ago..

Recall.jpg

Recall was done today by mobile service in about 45 minutes. It seems each service center receives "a box of parts" periodically and apparently each car has "home" service center and that determines "availability" for the part. At least that's that I gleaned from chatting with the mobile tech