Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, and doug said that. Not understanding why you told us a second time to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Oookay. Wow. Thought I was allowed to post my opinion also.

(Note that I could also say that once someone had pointed out logical inconsistencies, I didn't understand why others also posted agreement. But I didn't. Because everyone is allowed their opinion. Even me.)

Oookay. Wow. Thought I was allowed to post my opinion also.

(Note that I could also say that once someone had pointed out logical inconsistencies, I didn't understand why others also posted agreement. But I didn't. Because everyone is allowed their opinion. Even me.)
:rolleyes: Good grief, I'm not saying you or anybody else is not allowed to post your opinion. This was a measured, adult conversation, and I merely asked a question, because it did appear that you were trying to shut down this line of reasoning. Remember that you are a mod, so when you post something like "in this case, the benefit of the doubt is in order" after another mod posted it, it certainly doesn't sound like an opinion and it does sound more like you are both telling us to stop talking about it. I'm sorry if this was really just you stating your opinion and not, as I thought, something stronger given your position within this community.

thanks?

to the people who helped: thanks.
to the people who have nothing better to do than malign a stranger stuck on the top of a mountain: what the hell?
so:

-yes, i own a tesla. and i love it. just not when i'm stuck at the top of the mountain and the key fobs won't work(i brought 2 as i'd had this issue before).

-how did i call a tow truck? hm, have you ever heard of aaa and a pay phone?

-and yes, for some reason the web browser worked, but no cell service. no idea why, as i'm not a techie.

some helpful people here sent a link to another tesla user who'd had the exact same problem in the exact same spot, my car started, i drove home.

but i'm a bit taken aback by the odd hostility i received here, as why would any sane person take the time to pretend to be a car owner and join this forum?

so to the people who helped: thank you very much.

-richard

- - - Updated - - -

to the people who helped: thanks.
to the people who have nothing better to do than malign a stranger stuck on the top of a mountain: what the hell?
so:

-yes, i own a tesla. and i love it. just not when i'm stuck at the top of the mountain and the key fobs won't work(i brought 2 as i'd had this issue before).

-how did i call a tow truck? hm, have you ever heard of aaa and a pay phone?

-and yes, for some reason the web browser worked, but no cell service. no idea why, as i'm not a techie.

some helpful people here sent a link to another tesla user who'd had the exact same problem in the exact same spot, my car started, i drove home.

but i'm a bit taken aback by the odd hostility i received here, as why would any sane person take the time to pretend to be a car owner and join this forum?

-richard​

Nobody is maligning you, but you have to admit there were several logical inconsistencies in your story. When you couple that with asking for lawyer recommendations, red flags go up.

Let me ask you a legit question: If the app could unlock the car, how come you couldn't start the car with the app?

Nobody is maligning you, but you have to admit there were several logical inconsistencies in your story. When you couple that with asking for lawyer recommendations, red flags go up.

Let me ask you a legit question: If the app could unlock the car, how come you couldn't start the car with the app?

a-because i didn't have cell service, so the app wasn't working.

b-because as far as i know the app can't actually start the car. it can unlock it, make it honk, show you your power stats, set climate, but not start the car.

red flags? stuck at the top of a mountain? i hope you're never stuck in a non functioning car at the top of a mountain at sunset with the temperature dropping, but if you do find yourself in such a situation you might be tempted to push your car over a cliff and call a lawyer.

i'm glad that some people on this forum were actually helpful, as they enabled me to start my car and drive home.

b-because as far as i know the app can't actually start the car. it can unlock it, make it honk, show you your power stats, set climate, but not start the car.

red flags? stuck at the top of a mountain? i hope you're never stuck in a non functioning car at the top of a mountain at sunset with the temperature dropping, but if you do find yourself in such a situation you might be tempted to push your car over a cliff and call a lawyer.

i'm glad that some people on this forum were actually helpful, as they enabled me to start my car and drive home.

And we're glad you got home. Yes, the app can unlock the car if you've set it up.

I hate to admit such a rookie move, but I borrowed a Model S awhile back & was probably 100 miles away when I realized I didn't have the key fob. Oops! The person with the fob was able to restart the car for me whenever needed, until the fob was reunited with the car by FedEx. :)

+1

Members on this forum thoroughly enjoy helping others!

If I need help from owners on this forum I would N E V E R suggest that I may commit automobile insurance fraud by pushing my car off a cliff and then inquire about suggested lawyers while seeking insightful solutions from others (just call me crazy).

Last edited:

-richard [/INDENT]

Strangely enough there have been many incidents of that actually happening. People who have an active agenda to damage the company or the reputation of the company come here to create misinformation and gather every negative incident they can to use as a weapon. So there are a few that are sensitive about it. The old saying goes "you're not paranoid if they are actually out to get you."

I'm sorry for your incident. I hope you have only smooth sailing in the future.

They do so in the hope that the story will be spread by the media looking for anything to bash Tesla with, whether they're short sellers trying to force the stock price down or auto dealers out to get Tesla for daring to compete with their cartel. With that background, I hope you will understand and forgive some of the seemingly odd reception you got.

Sorry for for your troubles.

Take it easy, Chief. I'm just asking the question. You stated that the app was showing you the temp and could unlock the car, so it read to us like it was working for you. And yes, you can actually start the car with the app. It's a sweet feature that they recently added, which is great if you forget your fob as I did once.

Asking for lawyer recommendations is a red flag. A big one. Sorry if you don't think so, but perhaps you can sock that away for future reference. I'm glad you made it back ok.

I'm seeing some nice curved lines in one of your photos there, to the left of the driver's door.:wink:

Nice Job SUN_spot! I will have to do a similar test when I get my S.
BTW, can you send over your lovely assistant when I am about to do the test? :smile:
Or was the assistant.... YOU?!:confused:

Way to creep me out first thing today. Sheez.

Last edited:
I'm seeing some nice curved lines in one of your photos there, to the left of the driver's door.:wink:

Nice Job SUN_spot! I will have to do a similar test when I get my S.
BTW, can you send over your lovely assistant when I am about to do the test? :smile:
Or was the assistant.... YOU?!:confused:

And people wonder why more women interested in the car avoid forums... SMH.

Status
Not open for further replies.