Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said. I waited for a long time and then the car arrived when I don’t need it so I registered on a Tesla forum to try and sell it.
So you decided to go through the headache of accepting delivery, tinting, registering, and then listing it for sale? At a price above what the manufacturer charges for the same in-stock vehicle?

Seems like it would have been less effort, and more cost effective, to simply refuse delivery.

Feel free to make another snarky comment about how you’re not a flipper though.

Sounds like you are making assumptions that are incorrect. I paid for the car, tax, private delivery, and tinting and home charger and charger wiring. Just trying to get most of my money back.

Who knows. Maybe I’ll get an offer or nothing or I won’t sell it at all.

I appreciate your concern but calling me a flipper doesn’t help.
Recouping taxes paid is going to be difficult, in some states (California) it’s going to be damn near impossible as the buyer would have to pay taxes on the price paid again when registering the vehicle.

Not exactly sure what you mean by “private delivery” and why that cost you more, what is that exactly?

Charger wiring? Just like with taxes I imagine people looking to buy a vehicle aren’t going to be too thrilled about paying you back for your home charger wiring, as that’s not something they’re getting.

It’s generally understood that any modifications you make to the car, the cost is on you, unless you find someone who will willingly admit they like the mods and are willing to pay extra for them. Generally hard to do because people like to pay the least amount they can for a product.

Obviously too late now but you really should have just cancelled the order. Losing 250 bucks will seem minuscule compared to what you are most likely going to lose if you go through with the sale.

Reactions: glide and 06z_
A brand new Plaid with your config is $143400 from Tesla. Why in the world would someone pay $165k.. cover your taxes, then also pay their own taxes when they go to register it? Itll be around $154k including taxes buying direct from Tesla, with less than a week wait lol

Attachments

• plaid.jpg
    plaid.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: TXDawg
I feel bad for the OP. Its a free country, he can ask whatever price he wants. If you're not interested, just continue surfing the forum. People have way too much time on their hands!
Hope you see the irony in your post.

But you’re right. It is a free country and OP can ask whatever they like. The flip side to that freedom is the ability of others to comment on the ask.

Reactions: Daekwan
I feel bad for the OP. Its a free country, he can ask whatever price he wants. If you're not interested, just continue surfing the forum. People have way too much time on their hands!
I think it is important to point out to the OP that his asking price is ridiculous and part of why this thread has become a bit of a joke now.

A simple "I didn't realize my price was too high" from the OP would have solved the problem but the OP decided to antagonize the people pointing out the poor pricing.

Hope you see the irony in your post.

But you’re right. It is a free country and OP can ask whatever they like. The flip side to that freedom is the ability of others to comment on the ask.
That part! Everybody loves some free speech.. until someone chooses to freely speak back to them. Suddenly they are no longer interested in what someone else has to say.

This isn't a private forum, but an open forum. This means anyone can join and anyone can & will comment on posts that are not privately messaged. The questions posed to the OP were all legitimate. Why would someone pay $165K for your used car, when they can immediately buy a new one cheaper? Just checked and there are 20 brand new Model S for sale around the US.. and every single one is priced at $155,990 or less.

On something like the Model Y that is completely sold out, with a year-long waiting list. Its understandable why someone would pay more used for one that is immediately available.. than waiting a year after ordering a new one.

It's a free country, but this forum has rules, and the rules state that you cannot comment on pricing. Note the emphasis, which is mine and intended for you specifically.

The Marketplace is intended for private party buyers and sellers to find each other in order to perform legal transactions. It is not an "open forum" despite the ability for any member to post in For Sale or WTB threads. For Sale threads are not the place for debates about price or discussions about pricing formulas. Please respect the sellers and keep discussion on topic and between interested parties. Ideally it should be treated like a classified section.

Chit-chat will be moved out of threads and repeat offenders will receive account action.

Note also that the Marketplace is intended only for private party transactions or registered vendor transactions. Commercial buyers and sellers will have posts removed until they have properly registered.

Thank you for respecting the rules of the Marketplace.

It's a free country, but this forum has rules, and the rules state that you cannot comment on pricing. Note the emphasis, which is mine and intended for you specifically.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if mods don’t want comments in the For Sale section, there is a way to make that happen.

The classifieds section has effectively become an auction site and a haven for flippers.

Seriously question; why is this allowed? And if it is going to be allowed, these people absolutely deserve a public shaming.

OP posted their ad, and when they realized there was no profit to be had, hasn’t been seen or heard from since. Is that the type of community member the site is looking to attract?

Will the United States lead the way in Mining for the items needed for Batteries and Solar or will we be dependent on China and Russia for the Minerals? Like we are with Saudi Arabia and Oil.
Not that it has anything to do with this thread topic but if you've been paying attention the administration has been pushing for and creating incentives for domestic production of everything. In the near term it actually makes sense to import as many minerals as possible since unlike fossil fuels minerals don't get used up and are available for recycling in the future. Every imported battery and solar panel is like importing a high quality mine for the future.

No, I said public version.

V11 has only been released internally to employees.

And based on the leaked V11 release notes it remains, like all previous versions, an L2 ADAS system, not the actual L4 or better FSD I was promised when I bought it years ago.

it's certainly vastly more capable than any system from any other automotive OEM, and it does keep getting better- but it's also still a long ways from what Elon told us in 2015 was a solved problem.

Value added jumping to V11 stack:
1 The end of this 69 thread!
2 An end to the “I” vs “Y” debate
3 (moderator edit) gets to rehash his arsenal of negative FUD in a new platform
4 Single stack unity to Hopefully wash away hundreds of “how do I get FSDb” threads
5 A new list of features for people to complain about lol.
Ok if I refer to it as V1i? I don't want to offend anyone.........

Whole Mars Catalog is not a Tesla employee.

And does not have V11.

Which is why what you quoted is him asking an employee to share the full release notes

Because he does not have them. Only the internal test employees do. Which is who he asked to give him the notes.

Elon then cites the fact it's weeks from now when they'll be expanding the public beta for v11, and weeks more before potential wide release.

NONE of which changes the fact it's still, from those very release notes, still just an L2 ADAS system.

You SURE you had a double major?

And does not have V11.

Which is why what you quoted is him asking an employee to share the full release notes

Because he does not have them. Only the internal test employees do. Which is who he asked to give him the notes.

Elon then cites the fact it's weeks from now when they'll be expanding the public beta for v11, and weeks more before potential wide release.

NONE of which changes the fact it's still, from those very release notes, still just an L2 ADAS system.

You SURE you had a double major?
Are your insults really necessary? How could Whole Mars have 2 pages of notes for a release but not the release?

Speaking of straw men, I never said FSD is not still Level 2. I dispute your claim that "It's a LONG way from actual self driving. Like crazy long."

Status
Not open for further replies.