Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are saying you are going to hold Tesla accountable by continuously posting in an enthusiast forum? Is this like a form of protest for you? You understand that it is a disruption to those of us who just want to read about the various topics in the forum right? You can see why people are asking you to either stop, or re-direct your comments to a more specific thread right? The fact that you don't heed the other member's requests is very disrespectful to us. You might not personally insult people, but you do indeed disrespect us.
This is an enthusiast forum? link?

No one is forced to read my posts.

I have a soft-spot for your truck. I have an an older E350 4X4 van. That said, all these vehicles with huge grills (speaking of Lexus') and blocky front ends now seem weird to me after owning a Model S. And my Model S with the nosecone seems weird to me after getting used to the new, facelift Model Ss. I honestly really like the 3's front end; I preferred the sharper, original version better than the tweaked production version, but I digress. Point is, my bet is that in X number of years, cars with big, square un-aerodynamic grills are going to seem a really antiquated design. Some people will take longer to get there than others. I have a good friend who only likes 8ft, Regular Cabs for pickup trucks. Says double, crew, super, king cabs, etc look "stupid" and aren't "real" pickup trucks. She, for example will take a long time to get there. Probably never will. LOL. I pride myself on getting there quicker....

Edit: Bollinger B1 excluded. Haha. I really like that blocky front-end. But so does my funny pickup truck friend. We know who Bollinger is solving for....

I have a soft-spot for your truck. I have an an older E350 4X4 van. That said, all these vehicles with huge grills (speaking of Lexus') and blocky front ends now seem weird to me after owning a Model S. And my Model S with the nosecone seems weird to me after getting used to the new, facelift Model Ss. I honestly really like the 3's front end; I preferred the sharper, original version better than the tweaked production version, but I digress. Point is, my bet is that in X number of years, cars with big, square un-aerodynamic grills are going to seem a really antiquated design. Some people will take longer to get there than others. I have a good friend who only likes 8ft, Regular Cabs for pickup trucks. Says double, crew, super, king cabs, etc look "stupid" and aren't "real" pickup trucks. She, for example will take a long time to get there. Probably never will. LOL. I pride myself on getting there quicker....

Edit: Bollinger B1 excluded. Haha. I really like that blocky front-end. But so does my funny pickup truck friend. We know who Bollinger is solving for....

It does have a cool front end..... but I still prefer the rounded features of my 08 F150 60th Anniv Edition.
https://www.biscayneauto.com/galleria_images/336/336_main_l.jpg
Damn I loved that truck (not my truck in the photo) I wanted to cry when I traded it in.
That and the 08 Harley edition are still IMO the coolest trucks on the road. Sorry Raptor.

Speculation. Model 3 is making the S/X look outdated. So many think there will be an S/X upgrade. After that the Y.

I'll go one step further and say that the Model S and X may be DISCONTINUED once production of Model 3 ramps up and Tesla can meet demand. Remember, the only reason S and X even existed was as a way to fund Model 3, which was Tesla's ultimate goal from the very beginning. Musk said many times that his goal is not to make expensive cars. I guess we will see.

I thought the Model S and X were supposed to be the car that would ALWAYS have the latest and greatest technology.
Anyone who believes that is a chump. C-H-U-M-P! lol... how could a design shipped in 2017 NOT be more advanced than a design released in 2012? I'm talking about the unseen improvements alone in technology, wiring, assembly, etc. I guess the Kool Aid must be very powerful. When dealing with Tesla, it helps to engage in some independent thinking. Musk always says whatever he needs to say to sell cars. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.