Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Love LOL Rick's & Btrflyl8e's story :)

Saw a red MS in Timonium MD yesterday and looked to see if it was artsci, but no, I barely got an oblique view of a young blonde mom (8? yo in back), who either has enviably high cheekbones or was wearing her Tesla grin. Weird thing was the license plate was a temp tag that said "Washington Ford" ... ?

Saw a white MS off I-5 exit 88 south of Tacoma yesterday while stopping for DQ, and a grey MS on the Seattle waterfront today, with plate SANSGAS.

dygaguhy.jpg

This brings the tally to nine since SFO.

Random sighting, I promise. Cross my heart and hope to crash my Tesla. Btrflyl8e and her boyfriend came to downtown St. Pete to meet me for dinner tonight. They took me to someplace that has a mac & cheese & BBQ sandwich. (I think maybe BBQ is the only thing she ever eats.) After dinner we walk up Beach Drive for gelato, of course. On the way back she spots (props to Btrflyl8e) a red Model S across the street. She says hey, those are 19s, that must be xhawk101’s car.

I don’t care whose car it is, I’m crossing the street to snap a picture for a random sighting and Btrflyl8e wants to make sure they are Rial Luganos. As we get closer and I take out my phone, the horn starts beeping and the lights are flashing. We can’t see who is doing it, but obviously they must be watching us. I get my picture.

View attachment 56021

As we turn to walk back across the street, xhawk101 and his partner are heading towards us. We all say something like “Ha ha, very funny honking the horn and flashing the lights when you knew we were looking at your car.” He says “No, I forgot where it was and was trying to find it.” Fun little meetup on a hot muggy night in Florida. And truly random.

Yea too funny! I was jut trying out the horn...wasn't yet where I could have seen you lol. But I definitely remembered parking in the electric charge spot across from Cassis :)

Love LOL Rick's & Btrflyl8e's story :)

Saw a red MS in Timonium MD yesterday and looked to see if it was artsci, but no, I barely got an oblique view of a young blonde mom (8? yo in back), who either has enviably high cheekbones or was wearing her Tesla grin. Weird thing was the license plate was a temp tag that said "Washington Ford" ... ?

I did see this advertised a week or so ago. You saw correctly a Fix Or Repair Daily dealer tag.

Saw a black, wait, blue maybe, no it had to green. You know what, I don't know what color it was after all. All I know is it was dark. This was yesterday on Clearwater Beach. I was temporarily stunned by the Massachusetts plates I forgot how to flash the headlights. But I did wave and they saw me. Awesome that an EV can travel that kind of distance. Sorry you have to have that beautiful car partially ruined with a front license plate.

Quick question- If a car from a state required by law to have a front license plate is in a state not requiring it, does the front plate have to be on?

Saw a black, wait, blue maybe, no it had to green. You know what, I don't know what color it was after all. All I know is it was dark. This was yesterday on Clearwater Beach. I was temporarily stunned by the Massachusetts plates I forgot how to flash the headlights. But I did wave and they saw me. Awesome that an EV can travel that kind of distance. Sorry you have to have that beautiful car partially ruined with a front license plate.

Quick question- If a car from a state required by law to have a front license plate is in a state not requiring it, does the front plate have to be on?
If a cop in a state that didn't require front plates saw a car with no front plate, how would they know what state they were from? They could only know if they saw the plate on the rear, and they can't see the front AND the back... jk, I assume the answer is you have to follow the law of the state you are in. Cops can't know every states' laws.

On that note, how have I not been pulled over yet? I don't have a front plate yet, and I literally passed by about a dozen+ cops while driving around at 2am 2 nights ago, and all day yesterday I passed by a half dozen more. o_o

If a cop in a state that didn't require front plates saw a car with no front plate, how would they know what state they were from? They could only know if they saw the plate on the rear, and they can't see the front AND the back... jk, I assume the answer is you have to follow the law of the state you are in. Cops can't know every states' laws.

It's actually the opposite; you're required to obey your home state's laws regarding things like registration and license plates. Otherwise, everyone from states like MI that don't require a front plate would be totally screwed when driving in a state that does require two plates.

That said, the risk of enforcement is probably pretty low, for the very reason you suggest (ie, do cops really know all 50 states' laws on this?).

I think I might have seen the same Model S twice this weekend, if I remembered the plate # correctly - once mid-day Sat driving through Sunapee, NH on rt 11 while I was heading to the dump, and again around 9pm tonight on I93 south, heading through the Hooksett tolls and onto the Everett Turnpike though Manchester.