Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White P85DL with 19" standard rims, Florida tag "Tesla 15" spotted in Charlotte, NC heading Eastbound on US-74 on Friday evening about 7:15 pm.

Waved at the driver and he gave me a Shake wave hello. Excited to see a traveler in these parts!
image.jpeg image.jpeg

This is incredibly random, or something. I recently drove to Charlotte for work, and took Thursday afternoon through Sunday at the end of that trip to visit friends who live in nearby Lake Wylie, SC. They took Friday off, and we made a day trip to Asheville. Of course, I drove.

After I got back to FL, I got a PM from another TMC member, from GA, asking if that was me leaving the Asheville Supercharger! I had indeed passed my nearly-identical Tesla twin on my way out, and waved at them like a complete idiot. They seemed excited to see me, too, and waved back. Yup, what are the odds that it WAS a chance TMC encounter away from home for us both AND that they would even think it might be me!

This is incredibly random, or something. I recently drove to Charlotte for work, and took Thursday afternoon through Sunday at the end of that trip to visit friends who live in nearby Lake Wylie, SC. They took Friday off, and we made a day trip to Asheville. Of course, I drove.

After I got back to FL, I got a PM from another TMC member, from GA, asking if that was me leaving the Asheville Supercharger! I had indeed passed my nearly-identical Tesla twin on my way out, and waved at them like a complete idiot. They seemed excited to see me, too, and waved back. Yup, what are the odds that it WAS a chance TMC encounter away from home for us both AND that they would even think it might be me!

Thought of you when I read this post! :) Tearing up the highways with your friends?
3 Model S's with an X leading the way on I-95 North out of Florida Today

Reactions: msnow
... I'm visiting Copenhagen and wasn't expecting to see many Teslas in this small country, but then I spotted at least six different ones this afternoon all in the same general area. (And that's not counting the one in the local Tesla Store which I also coincidentally stumbled upon later the same day)

Had a nice chat with the Advisor in the Tesla Store... I was surprised to hear that there are about 4,000 Model S in Denmark (pop. 5.7M)... now it makes more sense why I saw so many driving around town. Other interesting tidbit: he told me taxes on ICE cars include the normal 25% VAT tax that's on everything, PLUS another 180% license registration tax !! If I understood correctly, EVs also have the 25% VAT but this registration tax lowered to 20% - though I later read the government is phasing out this EV incentive completely by 2020. Wow, cars are expensive here (like everything else) - no wonder everyone here rides a bicycle.

A few of the random Model S I spotted here today:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    408 KB · Views: 149
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    783.2 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    377 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    450.6 KB · Views: 154
Tesla had a huge sales surge in Denmark at the end of last year because the tax holiday on EVs was expiring, or at least partially expiring at the end of the year. Tesla was hustling to get as many cars to Denmark as possible before the end of the year. When I read about the car taxes there I thought they were insane.

I've read because of the big sales surge, Tesla's service centers there are overwhelmed and it takes a couple of months to get an appointment.

Seen by a friend yesterday.

"I think a Tesla test vehicle was on the roads outside Ann Arbor today. CA mfg plates with a fair bit of wiring in the passenger area. Weird plate then [sic] protruding on the bumper."

Thanks JB!

Attachments

• Attachment.jpg
    Attachment.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 150
That looks like the same test car that was photographed at a supercharger few months back. It has all sorts of extra hardware including what appears to be an AP 2 sensor suite along with an AP 1 sensor suite. People speculated they are comparing the data from both.

Reactions: EdA
I am always looking for one but here in NY there are not many. Over 2500 registered but it's a big state :) Saw one on the way upstate Monday and my daughter and her friends were admiring it as we passed it, in my Yukon :) (older lady driving) It was interesting to them because I pick mine up tomorrow!

Seen by a friend yesterday.

"I think a Tesla test vehicle was on the roads outside Ann Arbor today. CA mfg plates with a fair bit of wiring in the passenger area. Weird plate then [sic] protruding on the bumper."

Thanks JB!

This was spotted in Pittsburgh a couple months ago-- closer views/info posted here: TeslaPittsburgh.com: Autopilot 2.0

1-IMG_20160526_195416%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Reactions: DDotJ
a few days ago I commented on my surprise seeing so many Model S here while visiting Copenhagen... (I still can't get over how expensive car taxes are here in Denmark). Every day while walking around I'll see 6 or 7 MS within any half an hour span, so no point taking pics of them all.

But just one more before we leave, this one of a 70 and an 85 in the parking lot at Christiansborg Palace - also home of the Danish Parliament. The driver of the 70 on the left I assume was a politician or gov't worker - he parked in the EV spot without plugging into the charger! I also notice the 2 chargers here don't show up on PlugShare, perhaps they are for gov't employees only. The charger cable seems detachable on both ends, not sure how that works, maybe it is somehow stored inside the pedestal when not in use... Or do drivers have to bring their own cable?

image.jpeg