Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Saw my first ever "in the wild" Model S today while in Las Vegas for CES. A beautiful white model near the Hard Rock on Harmon Ave. I was walking with a colleague and didn't want to gawk so only saw for a moment, but it was a sight.

Also, I was wearing my brand new Tesla jacket that my wonderful wife got me for Christmas, so I thought that was kind of cool as well. ;-)

Remember, without a picture it doesn't exist. :smile: I'll be heading to CES on Wednesday. Maybe I'll see another S there too.

Should we add a thread for "random sightings of Model S from a Model S"? :)

Drove from San Jose to Chilton Auto Body (don't ask...) in San Carlos this morning. Spotted three other Model S (including the one in the pic) along the way, and then a fourth at Chilton. Tesla is popular with us locals...

Skärmavbild 2013-01-07 kl. 13.32.28.png

I have seen so more Model S's in three weeks! Maybe even more than the three plus years of Roadster driving, well maybe not that much.

This morning in Lafayette, CA spotted one in front of a famous coffee chain. Thought it was black when driving by but it was a blue one.
View attachment 14114

That's funny, that looks like mine. Wait a minute, that is mine! Always nice to be noticed... :)

After driving our Model S for more than 3 months, I have never seen another Model S (at least, not in the wild - I have seen them at scheduled events) until today. My wife and friends have seen a few, but not me.

I made up for it this morning...I saw a black one at the airport when I dropped my son off, then I saw two more about 30 seconds apart from each other just before I got home. A sig Red passed me on 520 East headed in to Redmond as I exited at 40th, and a dolphin gray (I think; hard to be sure in the rain) on 40th near Microsoft. Yeah, sorry, no pics as I was driving. It was dark and gray and raining anyway.

Oh, and in the small space between those last two sightings, I saw two Leafs. Man, things are different than they used to be. This is really encouraging.

Last edited:
After driving our Model S for more than 3 months, I have never seen another Model S (at least, not in the wild - I have seen them at scheduled events) until today. My wife and friends have seen a few, but not me.

I made up for it this morning...I saw a black one at the airport when I dropped my son off, then I saw two more about 30 seconds apart from each other just before I got home. A sig Red passed me on 520 East headed in to Redmond as I exited at 40th, and a dolphin gray (I think; hard to be sure in the rain) on 40th near Microsoft. Yeah, sorry, no pics as I was driving. It was dark and gray and raining anyway.

Oh, and in the small space between those last two sightings, I saw two Leafs. Man, things are different than they used to be. This is really encouraging.

At least you are lucky, you can drive one. I've seen 2 in the wild in the last two weeks, but still waiting for mine reserved in march 2009... wish to see less and drive more

Great picture. The Model S parked way to close to the curb:smile:
I think it had to, in order for the charger cable to reach. Harkens back to those charge port threads about why the location is not conducive to public charger infrastructure unless you can back into the space. And in this case with angled spaces you can't really back in without blocking traffic for a spell.

There was also that pic of bluetinc stretching the cable over the roof of the car to reach the charge port because of EVSE next to parallel parked car.

A_Y4XkACIAAEhR9.jpg

I think it had to, in order for the charger cable to reach. Harkens back to those charge port threads about why the location is not conducive to public charger infrastructure unless you can back into the space. And in this case with angled spaces you can't really back in without blocking traffic for a spell.

There was also that pic of bluetinc stretching the cable over the roof of the car to reach the charge port because of EVSE next to parallel parked car.

A_Y4XkACIAAEhR9.jpg

Are there any people in that town?