Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The local BC Tesla Owners Club invited members to attend so you might have seen some Tesla owners on their way there or back from the talk
Speaking of local clubs, there is also a Vancouver Island owners' group. If you want to join the distribution list go to Tesla Owners on Vancouver Island – Tesla electric vehicle owners and friends on Vancouver Island & the Gulf Islands, British Columbia, Canada. There's a coffee get-together every month on alternating Saturdays and Wednesdays. Doesn't matter if you own any make of EV, or don't own any EV, everyone is welcome -- and happy to share information with anyone who has questions.

And welcome to TMC, tranquilgarden!

I'm pretty sure this owner is on TMC but I don't know who.. yesterday we were driving north on I-95 from Maryland through Delaware and were tracking with R TESLA (NJ plates) most of the way. But I was in a BMW convertible, not my Tesla.

We pulled off at the Delaware rest stop, and I kinda expected them to pull off as well for a charge, but they continued onward.

fullsizeoutput_cba.jpeg

While not a Random Model S sighting, I thought this was kinda cool and definitely random! This is on the QEW near the Grimsby, ON Canada Supercharger.

This thread has been quiet for a long time, but a local Model S owner parked next to me at the Spaghetti Factory in Vancouver on Saturday. I have parked a couple of times next to another Tesla only to have the owner ignore my car. (One time I was sitting in the car when they came out and another time when I returned to my car the driver of the Model X I parked next to was just leaving). This was an early black P85 so they might have thought it fun to park next to another S (I blurred out the license plates to preserve privacy).

AnotherTesla.jpg

If the owner is here, just letting you know I got a grin out of it.

Reactions: jgs
I just saw an S in Ketchikan, Alaska !

As some of you may know it is an island with no road access from main land.

I wonder how the owner brought the car there and how he is planning to service it.
I met the owner of that S while on a cruise (a 60; he doesn’t need anything larger given the maximum driving distance on the island). He barged it over and has not had any service issues.

OK, I have a pretty weird random sighting to report. Our neighbors, kitty corner from us. Now, I live in a rural location, so kitty corner from us means the houses are about a half-mile apart via gravel roads. I know the neighbor: I'm a volunteer medic, and he's a doc in the ER. Been to his house for dinner before. Know his kids. Blah blah blah.

His wife's parents live in an apartment over their garage, and we went over to see them. Which means we had to go in through the garage. So we walk in ...and there's a white Model S in the garage. We had NO idea the doc had one, but the "final straw" (we learned later) was the hospital put in a couple of free chargers. So he charges up at work, and has fun with the car off work.

Don't think he knew we had one either. And it was only recently we passed each other on the road. (He, of course, keeps odd hours!)

With that, there are FOUR Model S's on our little mesa in rural western Colorado. And one of the others is a member here. Pretty wild.

OK, I have a pretty weird random sighting to report. Our neighbors, kitty corner from us. Now, I live in a rural location, so kitty corner from us means the houses are about a half-mile apart via gravel roads. I know the neighbor: I'm a volunteer medic, and he's a doc in the ER. Been to his house for dinner before. Know his kids. Blah blah blah.

His wife's parents live in an apartment over their garage, and we went over to see them. Which means we had to go in through the garage. So we walk in ...and there's a white Model S in the garage. We had NO idea the doc had one, but the "final straw" (we learned later) was the hospital put in a couple of free chargers. So he charges up at work, and has fun with the car off work.

Don't think he knew we had one either. And it was only recently we passed each other on the road. (He, of course, keeps odd hours!)

With that, there are FOUR Model S's on our little mesa in rural western Colorado. And one of the others is a member here. Pretty wild.
Typical 6 degrees of separation,
(PS don't look much further, can get messy) /h

Pre-refresh Model S are a shrinking fraction of the fleet, so I though it was mildly interesting to have three lined up in a random parking lot last night (went out to dinner, actually about a mile or so from the factory in Fremont). Notably, the car in front is a blue P85DL with tan seats.
Bruce.

IMG_2631.jpeg

Pre-refresh Model S are a shrinking fraction of the fleet, so I though it was mildly interesting to have three lined up in a random parking lot last night (went out to dinner, actually about a mile or so from the factory in Fremont). Notably, the car in front is a blue P85DL with tan seats.
Bruce.

View attachment 345511
Yes, sadly, many of the best things in the world are vanishing breeds :)

Reactions: thecloud and bmah