Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dI415Pe.jpg

+ saw 4 more in a matter of 30 minutes, so many Model S's driving around little ol' Simi Valley now...

Finally, after nearly a year I ended up side by side with another TMC member who works right around the corner from my neighborhood... On our way to dinner I caught those beautiful headlights in my sideview mirror and that multicoat red paint and knew right away it was xhawk101. We managed to have a quick chat at a light. It was fun seeing another MS on the road at night, I'm always in mine so finally got to enjoy just how beautiful all those lights are!

I was at Starbucks the other day and there were FOUR of us there. We had our own little Starbucks Tesla club. :)
I didn't take a picture because it's all too common where I live (this is a good thing). If I posted a pic every time I spotted a Tesla, I'd never get any work done. I see 3 or 4 of them every time I go out.

You: Driving a shiny white S85 on Soutbound Ashburn Rd., turning right on to 643 on Saturday , 1/11.

Me: Driving my old red '97 4Runner, continuing straight so I could get to home depot.

You pulled beside me. I honked. You didn't notice. I rolled down my window. You turned the other way.

Alas, our verbal exchange was not to be...

@ElSupreme, found your doppelganger did you?

I was only about 10' away before I realized it wasn't mine. I remembered that I parked further out (full aisle when I got there), and the rival car didn't have tinted windows.

On closer inspection they had black leather. Other than that they looked the same. Both were even absent '85' badging at the back. I didn't check the VIN to see if it was P85/85/60.

Finally, after nearly a year I ended up side by side with another TMC member who works right around the corner from my neighborhood... On our way to dinner I caught those beautiful headlights in my sideview mirror and that multicoat red paint and knew right away it was xhawk101. We managed to have a quick chat at a light. It was fun seeing another MS on the road at night, I'm always in mine so finally got to enjoy just how beautiful all those lights are!

Yes Finally! Nearly missed you as I was accelerating in my usual style lol

Silver this morning around 815 on Chain Bridge Road heading into DC. I flashed my lights at you!
View attachment 41018

Blue (I think?) w/ 21s in Crystal City (Arlington, VA) last Thursday morning, 1/9 (around 9am).
View attachment 41019

Yeah, I see that blue one there fairly regularly--though usually that spot is occupied by a Volt.

The other day I saw this in that spot. From a distance, it took a second to realize what was weird about what I was seeing.
asu3emag.jpg