Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Despite you removing them, they've already been saved and posted elsewhere. My take on the situation is taking the pictures is certainly not a criminal offense, but Tesla is well within their rights to ban you from returning to their store.

Any business can ban anybody as long as it does not violate their constitutional rights therefore your point is a 'moo point'.

I for one think that we need more people like BoldSharpe to keep Tesla honest. Also, if Tesla did not want VIN# pic taken they would tape it over just as they did with the front grille. However, I think that they don't really care one way or the other.

Any business can ban anybody as long as it does not violate their constitutional rights therefore your point is a 'moo point'.

I for one think that we need more people like BoldSharpe to keep Tesla honest. Also, if Tesla did not want VIN# pic taken they would tape it over just as they did with the front grille. However, I think that they don't really care one way or the other.

Keep Tesla honest?? Huh? This was more about respecting a new owner's vehicle - personally, if one of you knucklehead's get a pic of Sig 2 before I see it, I'm not gonna be happy. Just sayin'. Let me be the first to see my vehicle before posting it all over the net.

They might have stuck the ski rack inside the car and planned to reinstall it and attach the skis while charging.
Probably. And that is one of the issues I have with the rack is that it sticks out. You would need to remove it so you don't create a safety hazard or become a parking lot hog.

This is why I like taking my SUV skiing. I just fold down the smaller of the 60/40 seat backs and slide the skis into that side. Still leaves rooms for 2 or 3 more adults if I do the same with the back seat too. So having two rows of folding seats allows me to put longer objects like skis inside and still handle 4 or 5 persons.

Oh don't take shots at him. I would have suggested removing it for the reasons stated here AND so that the Chicago service center doesn't deem you 'don't trust with info you don't want on the forum'. I mean c'mon. They had a SIGN on it asking that photos not be taken.

Being from the Midwest, I was excited to see the X in person... especially at a Service Center, which is rare (if not unheard of to this point). I took a couple photos and shared the last two digits of the VIN with people in the Tesla community who cherish small tidbits like this. Clearly, I did not realize disobeying a small sign would cause such an uproar and immediately removed the photos.

At this point, there's not a whole lot I can do beyond going back in time but I think some people on here need to take a deep breath and relax a bit. This just isn't a big deal.

3jQ7IMP.jpg

Model X towed by Tesla service truck on freeway between Palo Alto and Fremont (factory). : teslamotors

Keep Tesla honest?? Huh? This was more about respecting a new owner's vehicle - personally, if one of you knucklehead's get a pic of Sig 2 before I see it, I'm not gonna be happy. Just sayin'. Let me be the first to see my vehicle before posting it all over the net.

It's a car...not a Hope Diamond. They will be as common as flu...soon :)