Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can't be too many Founders edition beyond that I hope.

I think that's probably about how many they had for the S, but this time around they'll be producing many more* due to the referral program. Granted, it's already been discussed that those don't necessarily have to precede the sigs, so hopefully we're close to seeing some of those.

*This is probably a question for the referral program thread, but does anybody know how many people in total won the opportunity to buy a Founders Model X?

The owner of Founder's 36 was very gracious and offered a tour of the car. Didn't take any pictures of the interior while we were talking, but the inside is great. The front seats are better than the next gen seats in the Model S. All 3 rows had perforated leather, and the perforated leather feels amazing. More room inside than I expected, though headroom might be an issue for 3rd row if you are taller than 6 ft. Much nicer than the next gen seats with premium interior. Nicer than the Nappa leather my early-ish car has (which is nicer than any of the loaners with different versions of leather I've had throughout the years). Interior feels much higher quality all around than the Model S, but keeps the same great minimalist styling. Everything looks more finished/refined/polished. The center console cup holders for the 2nd row extend and expand from their hiding spot under the USB ports in a dramatic (for cup holders) fashion. The Falcon Wing doors are super cool and operate quicker than I expected. Getting into the 2nd and 3rd rows is easier than any other SUV I've used. The auto closing and opening front doors are sweet as well. You can just pull the handle on the inside and the door shuts, much rapidly than I expected. My photos (and all photos I've seen) don't do this car justice. Just amazing looking in person.

f3620151209-1.png

f3620151209-2.png

f3620151209-4.png

(Quick walkaround video will come soon when youtube is done processing, whatever that means)

The owner of Founder's 36 was very gracious and offered a tour of the car. Didn't take any pictures of the interior while we were talking, but the inside is great. The front seats are better than the next gen seats in the Model S. All 3 rows had perforated leather, and the perforated leather feels amazing. More room inside than I expected, though headroom might be an issue for 3rd row if you are taller than 6 ft. Much nicer than the next gen seats with premium interior. Nicer than the Nappa leather my early-ish car has (which is nicer than any of the loaners with different versions of leather I've had throughout the years). Interior feels much higher quality all around than the Model S, but keeps the same great minimalist styling. Everything looks more finished/refined/polished. The center console cup holders for the 2nd row extend and expand from their hiding spot under the USB ports in a dramatic (for cup holders) fashion. The Falcon Wing doors are super cool and operate quicker than I expected. Getting into the 2nd and 3rd rows is easier than any other SUV I've used. The auto closing and opening front doors are sweet as well. You can just pull the handle on the inside and the door shuts, much rapidly than I expected. My photos (and all photos I've seen) don't do this car justice. Just amazing looking in person.

(Quick walkaround video will come soon when youtube is done processing, whatever that means)

That looks like the white interior - which means it is synthetic leather. And if so, I agree. That stuff is amazing. I haven't yet finalized what color paint for my Founders, but the interior will be the white synthetic.

I figured it out before tesla took down the status page for the first program, but now I can't find it. From memory, it was around 50.

Wow, that's a much larger number than I would have expected. If I understand you correctly - as meaning 50 additional Founders cars generated by the program alone on top of the ~40ish original Founders. That would mean that the program generated over 500 new Model S orders! Difficult to say if these folks were buying either way or were motivated by the 1k off alone, but significant either way.

- - - Updated - - -

That looks like the white interior - which means it is synthetic leather. And if so, I agree. That stuff is amazing. I haven't yet finalized what color paint for my Founders, but the interior will be the white synthetic.

Hmm, looked tan to me - seem darker contrasted with the headliner. trilsOn, can you please confirm?

Great Pics BTW!

The interior was tan. (No pics sorry, was talking with the owner while checking out the inside). My initial impression was it might not be real leather just because it felt so much nicer than any leather in any car I'd experienced. Is only the white interior synthetic?

Last edited by a moderator:
The interior was tan. (No pics sorry, was talking with the owner while checking out the inside). My initial impression was it might not be real leather just because it felt so much nicer than any leather in any car I'd experienced. Is only the white interior synthetic?

BADASS! ..is it weird that this gave me goosebumps? :love:

How wide were the seats? The next gen seats I have tried in the S feel a little narrow to me.
Probably not the best person to judge as I'm skinny and slide around in even the next gens. That said, I think they had better support with slightly less bulky bolstering than the next gen, but only sat in each for less than a min.

All 3 rows felt comfortable and supportive to me.

Was more caught up on how nice the leather felt.

I was at the Burlingame SC today and at 4:20PM while I was standing inside the showroom talking to a service guy I saw a black Tesla exit the service area (I was facing the glass doors that connect into the service area) and instantly realized it was an X. I went outside and saw it drive down the street. The service guy said it was a customer car, not a demo car. I assume it is the same car in that video posted earlier by @trils0n. It came back a few minutes later and went back inside the service area. Brief encounter, but my impression was that it is even better looking in person than in photos. It doesn't look much bigger than an S. Exquisite proportions. Obviously the X is by far the best looking large CUV/SUV currently in production!
Hey that is the Burlingame California Service Center! I was there Saturday and will be back there this afternoon. Thanks for the video and your post. The X looks awesome.