Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model X sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The chrome trim on the rear passenger door at the bottom intersection of the C-pillar and the window is misaligned.

I see what you are looking at, but like gregincal it looks to me as if something dark is being reflected in the chrome trim at that point making the top of the chrome trim appear lower than it really is. That particular relfection happens to end right at the gap, but you can see more reflections in the chrome trim at other spots along its length (in particular one happens just in front of that gap, but it ends before it reaches the gap) that could fool the eye to make the height of the trim appear shorter or taller than it really is if you didn't see it as a reflection.

There is also a bright lens reflection spot right on the point of the trim right inside that gap there that makes it hard to gauge alignment of the "fold" in the chrome trim.

(And the smaller version embedded in the post makes it harder to see this - I opened the image in a new tab by itself and the full size makes the reflection/shadow more obvious and you can almost make out where the top of the trim really is...)

I see what you are looking at, but like gregincal it looks to me as if something dark is being reflected in the chrome trim at that point making the top of the chrome trim appear lower than it really is. That particular relfection happens to end right at the gap, but you can see more reflections in the chrome trim at other spots along its length (in particular one happens just in front of that gap, but it ends before it reaches the gap) that could fool the eye to make the height of the trim appear shorter or taller than it really is if you didn't see it as a reflection.

There is also a bright lens reflection spot right on the point of the trim right inside that gap there that makes it hard to gauge alignment of the "fold" in the chrome trim.

(And the smaller version embedded in the post makes it harder to see this - I opened the image in a new tab by itself and the full size makes the reflection/shadow more obvious and you can almost make out where the top of the trim really is...)

But, to me, that looks like the chrome trim is "bent" towards the vehicle at that edge, or the window is tilted slightly outward at the corner to case a shadow, or the door's chrome trim is "bent" outwards at that edge, all of which I would characterize as a misalignment. That said, I didn't see the car in person and would be more than happy to be wrong! :)

But, to me, that looks like the chrome trim is "bent" towards the vehicle at that edge, or the window is tilted slightly outward at the corner to case a shadow, or the door's chrome trim is "bent" outwards at that edge, all of which I would characterize as a misalignment. That said, I didn't see the car in person and would be more than happy to be wrong! :)

I'd also go with the optical illusion explanation.

Every single other point is aligned, so unless the back end of the FwD suddenly shrank it's heavily unlikely it's misalignment.

Cover up the entire image with the exception of that single misaligned part, and it suddenly looks perfectly aligned once more. (Covering up the glare brightness alone should let you see it aligned properly, too).

I guess there's a reason why two weeks after the so called "launch" no Sig reservation holder has received a delivery date. The car isn't ready. It was launched to be able to say "hey, we delivered in Q3 as promised".

I'm pretty sure there was a delay of several months between the Founders' Model S deliveries and the firs Signature deliveries. No real point to be made other than this seems to be normal for Tesla. Also, I think Model X may be ready but the fully automated production of Model X may not be.

It's going to be impossible..

So the challenge is on for the next shareholders meeting. Let's see if we can get photos of all six founders cars in the same parking lot. Whoever posts all six first, I buy them lunch (assuming I organize another group lunch like last two years, which is very likely).

Lori: I hate to pop your hope but my X is in Chicago while the other five are in CA so you won't get all six in the same parking lot. And the Blue #3 will be leaving CA in the next month -- so get your photo quickly.

...mark

I thought Elon's was black at the unveiling event and remained behind for everyone to sit and play with?

This is the car Elon said was his while on stage at the event. F00001 and it's black. Unless he has more of them...

Attachments

• IMG_20150930_090710.jpg
    IMG_20150930_090710.jpg
    533.5 KB · Views: 361