Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range Difference from LR+ and Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you planning on getting 22" wheels , I would recommend staying away from them if Range and comfort are your top priorities. For regular long distance travel while there is range difference for sure , the difference can be mitigated through driving style or relying on Autopilot.

No 22" wheels. I have special 21" forged rims with Pirelli Verde AS tires. They are lighter than the stock 20".

Reactions: yogi4
I've had my Raven Performance X since late June, and already put on ~7,000 miles. I'm getting 314 wh/mi, and that includes a couple hundred miles of towing a 2,000-lb, 20 ft boat, and a night at the drag strip.

I'm on 20's....but any of the Raven variants are ridiculously efficient compared to some of the older versions.

So bottom line, due to the bigger motor, it's not possible to have the same range (or very close) on a Performance model?

Like for like - no. You can use 20" wheels, you can use chill mode, you can tape up your seams, bump up your PSI, etc etc etc. All the things you could do to a P, you could also do to a LR+. So like for like, no you can't because it has a bigger rear motor that consumes more energy.

But you can certainly make sacrifices on a P that you wouldn't make on a LR+ that gets you to the EPA range of a LR+. (ie, drive without HVAC)

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I've had my Raven Performance X since late June, and already put on ~7,000 miles. I'm getting 314 wh/mi, and that includes a couple hundred miles of towing a 2,000-lb, 20 ft boat, and a night at the drag strip.

I'm on 20's....but any of the Raven variants are ridiculously efficient compared to some of the older versions.

Raven LR here (not plus). Also 20” wheels. 10k miles. 280 wh/mi (summer since before June) Also some towing. Sometimes 4000 lbs but not huge distance and probably 500 miles with 2000 lbs.

My 280 wh/mi vs your 314 wh/mi is about 12% difference. 12% of my 326 mile range translates to about 40 mile range decrease.

Sounds about right.

Range is very important for me. 30 miles may be the difference between going straight to my destination or having to stop for 15-30 minutes to recharge, each way, sometimes with a 1 year old baby in the car.

For this reason, I went with (another) LR instead of the Performance.

Range is very important for me. 30 miles may be the difference between going straight to my destination or having to stop for 15-30 minutes to recharge, each way, sometimes with a 1 year old baby in the car.
For this reason, I went with (another) LR instead of the Performance.

Probably a good choice. Check your energy usage. If you cannot easily get below 300 wh/mile, you may need a wheel alignment. If requested right after delivery, it should be covered by warranty.