Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Range Loss Over Time, What Can Be Expected, Efficiency, How to Maintain Battery Health

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just hit 8k miles on the odometer and I'm curious how my energy usage compares to others. I've averaged 311 Wh/mi over 8k miles. What's your average?

I think it is about 280 Wh/mi over 12k for me. In winter it was about 300 Wh/mi, in nice spring weather it is goes as low as 220 Wh/mi. It all also depends on how aggressive you drive. I can get 400 Wh/mi or more easily if I launch the car at every occasion.
311 Wh/mi looks a little bit too high, but I wouldn't be surprised if you use heating/ac, frequent accelerations, and drive on thin tires.

I realize there are a lot of variables which is why I posted the question. I'm not asking what should I be getting, I'm just curious how my usage stacks up with everyone else. I live in Southeast Texas which is extremely flat. The only hills we have around here are overpasses. I would define my driving style as spirited. Lol.

I have a model 3 long range dual motor but not performance. I'm running on stock wheels and tires but without the aero hubcaps. I do know that if I leave my display set to miles instead of percentage of battery left, I get about half of the range that it displays. In other words, I use energy much faster than what the car anticipates. I thought it would learn my driving style over time and adjust the range accordingly. I guess not.

Don't worry. I average around 350 wh/mi with a Performance on 20s. I feel like if I drive under 330 wh/mi, i'm not driving it right. :D

LR RWD, mostly mixed freeway and city driving, going no faster than speed limit and the occasional burst off the line from a stoplight

With OEM aeros and tires: 225wh/mi (about 13k miles)

With 19" aftermarket wheels and Continental PureContact LS tires 235/40/19: 238wh/mi (about 7k miles)