Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

rather push a BMW than drive a Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Growing up my father and I had a friendly Chevy Ford rivalry. He had and F150 and I had an El Camino SS.
I actually got a bumper sticker "I'd rather push a Chevy than drive a ford".

That summer I pushed that damn car more times than any car before or since.

Careful what you wish for. ;)

Does your boss know about all the BMW's blowing up?

Flera BMW-ägare har drabbats

You have to translate, but basically 1.7 million cars are currently recalled because they burst in to flames.

I've been a fan of BMW since I was a kid, and more recently drove an i3 BEV for 3 years (which felt as closer to a Tesla than any other EV out there), but BMW is really disappointing me with how slow they're moving. So much potential for more BEVs. First thing I thought when I drove the Model 3 was 'this is where BMW should have been by now with an electric 3 series'.

I have had three (3) BMW's since 2003 325, 328, and Z4.
The first one, I drove it and donated it to charity after repairs got too expensive.
The second one, the same as the first - and I wanted to only own two cars (it was a third car).
The 328 is getting traded in for a Tesla. I will be BMW less for the first time in sixteen years.

I will not miss repair cost.
I will not miss depriciation.
I will actually miss the run flats (I may be the only guy in the universe).
They have been pretty fun cars to own. They have been on the track.

I hope the Tesla will make me forget BMW.

Reactions: r1200gs4ok and 0mpg
The best German cars are Porsche
Driving a Porsche is fun
Owing a Porsche is fun
A Porsche is the pinnacle of German Automotive ownership.

Lots of people including myself are former Porsche owners who got a Tesla simply to experience the joys of a EV power train.

A Tesla is a wonderful car to drive, and to own.
Dealing with Tesla the company is another matter. It's like dealing with the coolest kid in class who wants to have nothing to do with you, and treats you like crap. It's the most un-german vehicle on the planet, and has a fart app to prove it.

So you want to get away from this ridiculousness, but still have the EV power train?

Options are pretty sparse, and a BMW just isn't going to get you there.

But, Porsche is coming back for us.

To save us from Fart apps over function.