Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real or accurate Model X Canadian delivery timing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You heard from your DS? I have sent 3 emails asking for info now that I have my VIN and no response.

I reached out to my DS the last couple weeks as I was thinking about making a colour change to my car. I met him in person whereas he showed me a bunch of Model S's while I tried to reassure myself of my colour choice.

Once I saw that I, too got a VIN, I called him as I knew I had to finalize my minor change ASAP.

He called me back about 10-15 min later and we discussed the process. He told me my scheduled production date was June 1st but also reminded me that Tesla timelines are rarely on time!

Just letting all the others who follow this thread about the good news that I got from my DS earlier today. I had emailed him about suggestions about rentals or very short term leases or even possibly a Tesla loaner as this week I am set to sell my current car.

Seems like my 90D may be delivered sooner than I thought. Trying not to think about it... failing at not thinking about it.. :(

Here's what my DS said:

Everything still on track. Your Model X is in production and has begun the painting process. I think we should still be good for June delivery. I can’t be more exact until the vehicle has been loaded for shipping.

Hopefully our timeline will preclude you needing a rental. Just check in with me every few days for an update J

I'm hoping my vehicle is on the same transport as your @SSD420. But, unlike you, I plan to sell my vehicle a month or two after I get delivery, just in case. o_O

I'm actually glad to get rid of my car, finally! I've had nothing but issues with it since I got it. No more Toyota's for me! (and I considered myself to be a Toyota owner for life, prior to my current headaches with them - I'm on my 3rd and now LAST!). For the first time since Oct 31st, 2011, my car runs great and has no issues, so it seems like it's just time to let it go!

I know a lot of people are pretty shocked to hear that I'm going from a 2012 Toyota Camry SE to a Model X 90D, but I couldn't be more excited!!!!! :):D

Just got the call. My production 90D is being delivered from Fremont to Montreal by truck. Delivery the week of June 20th. 6 to 10 X's will be on the same truck. It begins.....
Yesterday I was told this:

Hi XXXX,

Your Model X still shows as In production at the factory. We will have a better sense of timing once they have begun the shipping process.

I have cancelled the trade from your account.

Talk again soon!