TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Real or accurate Model X Canadian delivery timing

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by SSD420, Mar 29, 2016.

1. SSD420

SSD420 Member

Yes. Did you get yours?

2. Local host

Local host Member

You heard from your DS? I have sent 3 emails asking for info now that I have my VIN and no response.

3. SSD420

SSD420 Member

I reached out to my DS the last couple weeks as I was thinking about making a colour change to my car. I met him in person whereas he showed me a bunch of Model S's while I tried to reassure myself of my colour choice.

Once I saw that I, too got a VIN, I called him as I knew I had to finalize my minor change ASAP.

He called me back about 10-15 min later and we discussed the process. He told me my scheduled production date was June 1st but also reminded me that Tesla timelines are rarely on time!

4. anthonyd

anthonyd Member

wow, haven't read this chat in a while. 90D and yes, I have a VIN too.......... thank you all for your input.

5. SSD420

SSD420 Member

Just letting all the others who follow this thread about the good news that I got from my DS earlier today. I had emailed him about suggestions about rentals or very short term leases or even possibly a Tesla loaner as this week I am set to sell my current car.

Seems like my 90D may be delivered sooner than I thought. Trying not to think about it... failing at not thinking about it.. :(

Here's what my DS said:

Everything still on track. Your Model X is in production and has begun the painting process. I think we should still be good for June delivery. I can’t be more exact until the vehicle has been loaded for shipping.

Hopefully our timeline will preclude you needing a rental. Just check in with me every few days for an update J

6. Gymee

Gymee Member

Congrats! Being VIN 7499, I had better get on top of my private vehicle sale too! I thought I had til the end of the month?!

7. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I'm hoping my vehicle is on the same transport as your @SSD420. But, unlike you, I plan to sell my vehicle a month or two after I get delivery, just in case. o_O

8. SSD420

SSD420 Member

I'm actually glad to get rid of my car, finally! I've had nothing but issues with it since I got it. No more Toyota's for me! (and I considered myself to be a Toyota owner for life, prior to my current headaches with them - I'm on my 3rd and now LAST!). For the first time since Oct 31st, 2011, my car runs great and has no issues, so it seems like it's just time to let it go!

I know a lot of people are pretty shocked to hear that I'm going from a 2012 Toyota Camry SE to a Model X 90D, but I couldn't be more excited!!!!! :):D

9. SSD420

SSD420 Member

I thought I had until late July - but was hoping for a mid-July delivery in time for birthday... My VIN is 76XX.

• Like x 1
  10. Martin VanB

Martin VanB Member

In Canada I received this...

Looks like your Model X was completed at the factory. It's currently at the loading yard being prepared for shipment.

Toronto delivery.

• Like x 2
  11. SSD420

SSD420 Member

Which MX did you get? P90D or 90D ?

12. Macgaver

Macgaver Member

Would be great if everyone could put some information in their signature (model, when confirmed, when vin, when , ...)

Just saying :) I have been scanning many member post history to rebuild timeline of events....

13. Local host

Local host Member

Just got the call. My production 90D is being delivered from Fremont to Montreal by truck. Delivery the week of June 20th. 6 to 10 X's will be on the same truck. It begins.....

• Like x 2
  14. Macgaver

Macgaver Member

I am so waiting for that call !!!! My Sig is supposed to be finished this week, I want to be on that truck too !

15. Martin VanB

Martin VanB Member

Mine is a Signature Red P90D with the ludicrous option.

I will always be in ludicrous mode.

• Like x 2
  16. SSD420

SSD420 Member

Yesterday I was told this:

Hi XXXX,

Your Model X still shows as In production at the factory. We will have a better sense of timing once they have begun the shipping process.

I have cancelled the trade from your account.

Talk again soon!

17. GVTesla

GVTesla Member

Congrats 127.0.0.1! As one of the first to reserve, I wish you lots of fun and safe travel with the X :)

• Like x 1
  18. Local host

Local host Member

Apparently there are more than 6-10 X coming. Better call your DS.

19. SSD420

SSD420 Member

Congrats! I think that means I'm soon too.. 90D 6 seater for me

20. Local host

Local host Member

Thanks! I will not be able to sleep for the next 10 days!

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1