TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Real or accurate Model X Canadian delivery timing

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by SSD420, Mar 29, 2016.

1. SSD420

SSD420 Member

My DS said there's less than 2 dozen Canadian Sigs. So it will be pretty quick before the P90D's will go into production and then (eeeeeeeee!!) the 90D's!!

I'm excited!

2. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Active Member

I asked about the '" less than 2 dozen Sigs" and was told that isn't correct.
    Couldn't get confirmation on an exact number but was told it is less than 100.
    In any event Canadian Sigs would be barely 1 week of production.
    Canadian production should follow pretty quickly after that.

3. SSD420

SSD420 Member

What city are you in? My Toronto DS, definitely told me less than 2 dozen.

4. Martin VanB

Martin VanB Member

Either way it's wonderful news. I have been on these forums since before my reservation date of July 2013 and am very pleased to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Being part of the Tesla community is very insightful yet I always felt like an outsider waiting for my Model X. I look forward to actually going to a meeting and getting to know and meet people in person. Super news!

• Like x 1
  5. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

Does that mean I can stop hitting the "refresh" button for a week? I need to conserve my bandwidth as I'm getting close to my cap.

• Like x 2
  6. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Active Member

Toronto.
    I was told production would be right after Sigs.

7. brianvicars

brianvicars Member

I am guessing that there are probably 8 SigsXs scheduled for Toronto delivery. They will probably arrive 2 days before the trucks delivering the first production vehicles.

8. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Active Member

You are probably right! So much for us getting them a lot earlier. Oh well lot$ of other benefits.

9. vandacca

vandacca ReActive Member

I hope to be one of those 8 Sigs. I'm thinking it's going to be July.

@Jgdixon/@brianvicars, were you at the Tesla social last Sunday?

10. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Active Member

I'm crossing fingers for June. No I couldn't make it. Hopefully we can all meet up at some point.
    Have you guys signed up at www.teslaownersclub.ca?

11. Martin VanB

Martin VanB Member

A June delivery would be incredible. I would use the money I received from the additional rebate to purchase winter tires from Tesla. I would also get the car paint protection film and CQ Quartz finest applied.

12. Jon

Jon Member

Can you tell me a bit more abut the paint protection and CQ Quartz? I'm thinking of getting something like this for our winter driving, but have never looked into what is best.

Thanks,

Jon

13. SSD420

SSD420 Member

I visited the Lawrence E Tesla today in Toronto, and met with my DS in person. He confirmed that there are not as many signatures in Canada as you're saying. He said there are very few and no way remotely close to 100.

He reaffirmed that all pre-orders will have their deliveries by the fall and that my mid-July hopeful thinking was quite unlikely. The P90D's will start taking deliveries early summer.

He suspects he will start seeing the VIN's roll out on his computer in about 6 weeks, whereas he will have a more definitive answer on when I should get my 90D.

14. anthonyd

anthonyd Member

When did the price decrease take place and what date range regarding orders does it affect?

15. SSD420

SSD420 Member

It affected everyone. They passed the savings down the line.

Whatever pricing that you see now while building a brand new model X is correct.

16. SSD420

SSD420 Member

*everyone in Canada.

17. brianvicars

brianvicars Member

Oh, I hope it isn't July. I will miss out on the $8,500 Ontario Incentive. Wait a minute! If I don't get the extra incentive amount, maybe we can set up a collection for poor Brian. You know, help a fellow Canadian in need.
    Yes, my wife & I were at the social. It was packed. So was I, I had three danish.

18. anthonyd

anthonyd Member

Thanks

19. justdave

justdave Member

Okay, heard from my Vancouver DS today who said Canadian Sigs will be in production soon and I will have delivery before mid-June. Still no VIN yet though.

• Like x 1
  20. Jgdixon

Jgdixon Active Member

Just got the call! Canadian Model X Signatures will go into production the week of May 23rd.
    All Sig customers will be contacted shortly. Production versions shouldn't be too far behind.
    Hoping for mid June delivery.
    Can't wait!
    John

• Like x 2