Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rear jump seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought Elon had the jump seats in his car. Does he just drive with them illegally? Do we have any evidence of anyone having them yet?
Twitter / elonmusk: Doing LA to SF road trip in ...
Doing LA to SF road trip in Model S with all 5 kids & Talulah. Supercharger finished charging b4 we finished our burgers!

He apparently uses them on public roads. Is this a first?

Regarding the issue of cooking the kids through the back window: we were told be Tesla reps that if you configure with the jump seats, they install protective (from the sun) glass in the hatchback. I see the $1500 charge for the seats as having better value given this info. Even if there's no one back there, it'll help keep the car cooler in the summer. If you configure without, you get regular glass. If you choose to add the seats later, the protective glass would be an additional charge. We were told this in August.

I just filled out the California paperwork and FedEx shipped it back.

On the due bill, it said, under outstanding work to be performed - N/A (six times) and "nothing else promised or implied"

Is this what everyone's has said, but they still are missing the jump seats?

WJ

I just filled out the California paperwork and FedEx shipped it back.

On the due bill, it said, under outstanding work to be performed - N/A (six times) and "nothing else promised or implied"

Is this what everyone's has said, but they still are missing the jump seats?

WJ

My due bill contained the slacker login (it didn't work when he entered it), sunshade, the spoiler, the jump seats, the broken UMC, the TPMS error, and the nav/GPS issues.

Regarding the issue of cooking the kids through the back window: we were told be Tesla reps that if you configure with the jump seats, they install protective (from the sun) glass in the hatchback. I see the $1500 charge for the seats as having better value given this info. Even if there's no one back there, it'll help keep the car cooler in the summer. If you configure without, you get regular glass. If you choose to add the seats later, the protective glass would be an additional charge. We were told this in August.
My recollection is that this was specifically refuted in a direct e-mail from Tesla folks when I asked. Let me see if I can find the info.

Here it is:
Walter Franck said:
The rear lift gate glass is a 2-ply laminated safety glass. On Model S, instead of using a standard piece of vinyl in between the 2 pieces of glass, we use a solar absorbing vinyl that has identical performance to a solar reflective film which does provide UV protection. All Model S will have this glass, regardless of the rear facing child seat option.

Due Bill.jpg

I guess - this is what I am saying ... this gives me the impression that I am getting the seats - but I am okay if I don't until Jan or Feb.

Anyone have any feedback on this

I'm at the service center now, and there was a gentleman here who took delivery of a 60kwh S last week. Head told him the seats were on back order, but when he looked in the trunk in the hidden compartment, there they were.

Didn't get pics, but can confirm he had them in the back of his car.