Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Model X build quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. I may have spoken too soon. Now that I have had the car for a couple of days, I've had a chance to look carefully, and there are some fit issues. The trunk is off (isn't flush) by about a quarter inch on one side, and the frunk also seems to be slightly off.

Picked up yesterday. One issue. Charge port door was sticking. They are the ones that actually noticed it and pointed it out to me. SC will schedule a time to fix (apparently it is more contemplated that it would seem). Other than that, the car is awesome.

What's your VIN series and order date? Just curious to see where you are relative to my 75D order and expected delivery in Sep/Oct.

Bad press, non-factual controversy always sells well so the media will concoct these things. Very glad to see that majority of Model X owners here are quite satisfied with their purchase. That's the kind of feedback I was looking for, too, before taking the plunge with a Model X in the future.

Bad press, non-factual controversy always sells well so the media will concoct these things. Very glad to see that majority of Model X owners here are quite satisfied with their purchase. That's the kind of feedback I was looking for, too, before taking the plunge with a Model X in the future.
Bad news is always more popular then good news....

I want to like this vehicle so bad, I do. But I checked the quality last month and still looks like crap. When they get basic fit & finish fixed I will consider buying one. Until then there is no way I will splurge $85K minimum for poor F&F.

IMG_0174.JPG
IMG_0173.JPG
IMG_0172.JPG
IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0169.JPG
IMG_0167.JPG
IMG_0162.JPG
IMG_0160.JPG
IMG_0156.JPG
IMG_0148.JPG

Just got my X this past weekend-- wow! Picked up in Costa Mesa. We had a tiny ding on a interior trim, they are gng to replace it. Car is amazing. I had some many worries from reading the forums, such as accidental press on key fob, but that has not been a problem for me. Takes quite an effort to unlock or open doors on fob. FWDs work great and kiddos know how and when to use them-indoors/outdoors. Really like the process of driving now, screen pops up at park to open doors and close.

Fit and finish is fantastic, vin 118xx. Wife was unconvinced of tesla or ev's after her GL and up till delivery wanted another GL, but now at the center, said, let's get another tesla, just anything tesla.

Costa mesa center had a placard sign next to our car. When we pulled out, they lined up everyone outside to wave us off, including customers there looking at inventory cars.

Named the car: TARS in honor of the robot in Interstellar. Eventually when we can talk to the car with voice commands and natural language processing, we should be able to adjust humor and honesty settings...