Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent Model X build quality

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought mine was without issues, and it mostly is, but now the passenger door is starting to have locking issues. It is going in on Wednesday to see if they can better align both front doors and now for the door lock.
I also have the front window seal problem (a couple times so far).

I found out that pulling the inside handle on the front door often resets the locking mechanism and let's me then close the door but I don't know for how long.

Vin 58xx. Delivery end of June. The car is amazing.

I thought mine was without issues, and it mostly is, but now the passenger door is starting to have locking issues. It is going in on Wednesday to see if they can better align both front doors and now for the door lock.
I also have the front window seal problem (a couple times so far).

I found out that pulling the inside handle on the front door often resets the locking mechanism and let's me then close the door but I don't know for how long.

Vin 58xx. Delivery end of June. The car is amazing.

My vin is in the 15XXX and you got yours in June with vin 58XX. My eta is end of September, they are really cranking them out.

Was going to post a similar question to folks...glad to see someone beat me to it. :) I'm expecting mine in Sep/Oct and am also hoping that most of the production issues have been addressed. We hear about the problems on this forum (and rightfully so)...we don't hear about the Xs that were delivered without issues, which makes it hard to gauge whether QA/QC is improving or not, and at what rate.

The windshield issue is of concern...it doesn't seem like there's any good answer to it other than live with it. To the OP's original question - does anyone have any insight if the problem is getting worse / better as production has been ramping up, or whether it's still as substantial.

I love the X...and can't wait to get ours. I'd be nice to have more transparency (from Tesla...and yeah, unlikely) or line of sight from the people in this forum on what to expect from a quality perspective.

Was going to post a similar question to folks...glad to see someone beat me to it. :) I'm expecting mine in Sep/Oct and am also hoping that most of the production issues have been addressed. We hear about the problems on this forum (and rightfully so)...we don't hear about the Xs that were delivered without issues, which makes it hard to gauge whether QA/QC is improving or not, and at what rate.

The windshield issue is of concern...it doesn't seem like there's any good answer to it other than live with it. To the OP's original question - does anyone have any insight if the problem is getting worse / better as production has been ramping up, or whether it's still as substantial.

I love the X...and can't wait to get ours. I'd be nice to have more transparency (from Tesla...and yeah, unlikely) or line of sight from the people in this forum on what to expect from a quality perspective.
Love your post, I should be getting my X at the same time as yours... I am keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Love your post, I should be getting my X at the same time as yours... I am keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Likewise...thanks for raising the topic. :)

I think your topic is a good one...I hope someone creates some sort of tracker / database to get a sense of how many deliveries are having issues, and the severity of those issues. It seems that X production is getting better and the kinks are being worked out, but it's hard to tell without any empirical data.

Likewise...thanks for raising the topic. :)

I think your topic is a good one...I hope someone creates some sort of tracker / database to get a sense of how many deliveries are having issues, and the severity of those issues. It seems that X production is getting better and the kinks are being worked out, but it's hard to tell without any empirical data.
I am sure they are getting better, my sales rep (I am in Montreal, Canada) told me they had a meeting about the model X builds and that they fixed many issues. Of course nothing is perfect and even other car makers have lemons or issues here and there for me whats important is how fast they can fix it if any issues shows up.

Still I am hoping to get an almost flawless car... the ghosting issue with the beautiful windshield is my only concern main because starting October its dark pretty early till March.

Picked up my vin7499 in Montreal on Thursday. So far flawless except a tiny chip at a seem but they touched it up before I took it off the lot.

Tried attaching a trailer today and the brake lights didn't work but I have to figure out if it's the tesla or the trailer lights that are the problem.

Picked up my vin7499 in Montreal on Thursday. So far flawless except a tiny chip at a seem but they touched it up before I took it off the lot.

Tried attaching a trailer today and the brake lights didn't work but I have to figure out if it's the tesla or the trailer lights that are the problem.
Nice, i am happy you like your car. I see you confirmed Mar 23 and received it August 6th.
It is 135 days from the confirmation date to the end date.
Or 4 months, 13 days. Ouch i hope it doesn't take that long for me.

Nice, i am happy you like your car. I see you confirmed Mar 23 and received it August 6th.
There was a 5 week extra delay due to a quality control problem. They never told me was the issue but the car seems pretty good so far. Good luck!

I ordered on May 26th,confirmed June 3th, Vin on June 6th 1078# and shipped to Vancouver July 6th and to my Home July 13th ..Love it..

Reactions: Gymee
I just noticed today my driver side seat wobbles a bit. Can feel it during acceleration or declaration and from the passenger seat I can wobble it with my two hands. Also my trailer lights don't work with my X. Need to try with a second trailer to make sure it universally doesn't work.

Picked up yesterday. One issue. Charge port door was sticking. They are the ones that actually noticed it and pointed it out to me. SC will schedule a time to fix (apparently it is more contemplated that it would seem). Other than that, the car is awesome.