Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car is still stuck in the railyard. Tesla says that as soon as it starts moving out of the railyard I will get the text to schedule delivery. (For the third time)

Orders placed after me (and ones that have gotten to the NJ railyard later than mine) have been leaving the yard, so I'm getting a bit frustrated now.

Another bit of information: This is supposedly affecting all makes - BMW apparently has a large backlog of vehicles stuck there as well.
Same here, I’ve had delivery appointments for 9/3 and 9/4 both cancelled due to this. Still no ETA and Tesla has given me no indication of whether or not they’d honor the trade-in offer in the case it expires before delivery. Just a crappy situation all around. New EDD updated to 9/12 - 9/16 today but who knows at this point.

When was your initial delivery day?

Same here, I’ve had delivery appointments for 9/3 and 9/4 both cancelled due to this. Still no ETA and Tesla has given me no indication of whether or not they’d honor the trade-in offer in the case it expires before delivery. Just a crappy situation all around. New EDD updated to 9/12 - 9/16 today but who knows at this point.

When was your initial delivery day?
Thx for the info, my original scheduled delivery was 9/2, so this has been happening for about a week now. Sucks we didn’t get our cars a week earlier…

I have noticed a somewhat consistent trend with the EDDs & VIN assignments based on watching peoples journeys on this thread. The first EDD seems to have a date range range of about 5 weeks. Second EDD range is closer to 4 weeks. Third EDD range is 2 weeks. Fourth EDD is about 12 days. A VIN can obviously pop anywhere along this path, but when you get to the 12 day mark, VINs seem to pop very very soon thereafter. You can probably even see the VIN in the source code when you get to the 12 day mark. It also seems like the VIN assignment is near the beginning date of the 2nd EDD (the 4 week one). My 4 week range was 9/10-10/8. My current EDD is now in the two week range (9/14-9/28). If my theory plays true, I could very well be getting a VIN around that 9/10 date. My order date was 7/9/22.

Of course there is no perfect science to this and other variables, but this seems to be the trend that I've kind of seen over the past month or so of VIN assignments/deliveries on this thread. It seems like MYPs are getting delivered in that 60-75 day mark of the order date as well right now. Austin has really helped accelerate the orders on all MYs, but has freed up Fremont to really push out the MYPs - Probably speeding up MYP deliveries by about a month or so from where they were in Q2.
Wow! My theory was dead on accurate…..VIN assigned this morning on 9/10 as I predicted 10 days ago! F550 with an EDD of 9/23-9/27. Time to get the final bids on our existing Y.

Wow! My theory was dead on accurate…..VIN assigned this morning on 9/10 as I predicted 10 days ago! F550 with an EDD of 9/23-9/27. Time to get the final bids on our existing Y.
Your theory was accurate for me as well... just assigned VIN!

MYP/Black/Black/No Tow/No FSD Arizona

OD: 7/15
EDD1: 9/15-10/20
EDD2: 9/10-10/8
EDD3: 9/11-9/22
VIN Assigned: 9/10
EDD4: 9/10-9/14

Reactions: Glendale MY
Here’s my timeline

Specs:
Model Y Performance
Midnight Silver Metallic
Black interior
No tow
No FSD/EAP (initially ordered EAP but removed on 9/6)

• Order Date: 8/14
  • Original Estimated Delivery Date: 10/7 - 11/11
  • Revised Estimated Delivery Date 1 (on 8/27): 9/18 - 10/16
  • Revised Estimated Delivery Date 2 (on 9/1): 9/14 - 9/28
  • Revised Estimated Delivery Date 3 (on 9/9): 9/12 - 9/18
  • VIN Assignment Date: 9/9
  • Schedule Delivery Appointment Notification Date: 9/10
  • Delivery slated for : 9/14 (earliest date available @ new Upland delivery center in San Bernardino, CA)
In all, each estimated delivery window brought the timeline in closer; total wait time in my case will be exactly 1 month. YMMV.

Picked my model y performance today, all went smooth now comes the learning process.

Attachments

• 0CB10A4F-8A57-49FC-A522-56AA578BEAEC.jpeg
    0CB10A4F-8A57-49FC-A522-56AA578BEAEC.jpeg
    628.5 KB · Views: 80
I was wrong, tesla hates me

MYP_Blue_whiteInt_Tow_EAP ood 4/5. Colorado.

EDD1 (4/5): Oct - Jan 2023
EDD2 (IDK): Nov - Dec
Changed from LR to P and removed tow on 6/24
EDD3 (6/25): July 11- Aug 8
EDD4 (7/12): July 23 - Aug 6
EDD5 (7/24): Aug 6 - Aug 20
Applied for Tesla financing
Trade in call 8/2
EDD6 (8/7): Aug 19 - Sept 2
EDD7 (8/20): Sept 2 - Sept 16
EDD8 (9/2): Sept 8 - Sept 18
EDD9 (9/3): Sept 9 - Sept 23
Renew financing :( and re-added Tow 9/5
EDD1 (9/10): Oct 29 - Dec 3

Fun fact that probably deserves its own thread: Yesterday, I saw a guy at Best Buy waiting in his MYL for curbside pickup to give him his loot (they were renovating and wouldn't let anyone in, and there was a group of like 20 people under a tent myself included also waiting for their stuff). He got out and bitched at the Best Buy crew for making him wait 15 minutes which was 'unacceptable'. As he walked back to his car strutting (no seriously his shoulders went back and forth as if on an elliptical machine), the group snickered. One redneck said 'get back in your p^$$?y a$$ tesla'.

I don't think this would have happened had he been in a MYP (smh)

I was wrong, tesla hates me

MYP_Blue_whiteInt_Tow_EAP ood 4/5. Colorado.

EDD1 (4/5): Oct - Jan 2023
EDD2 (IDK): Nov - Dec
Changed from LR to P and removed tow on 6/24
EDD3 (6/25): July 11- Aug 8
EDD4 (7/12): July 23 - Aug 6
EDD5 (7/24): Aug 6 - Aug 20
Applied for Tesla financing
Trade in call 8/2
EDD6 (8/7): Aug 19 - Sept 2
EDD7 (8/20): Sept 2 - Sept 16
EDD8 (9/2): Sept 8 - Sept 18
EDD9 (9/3): Sept 9 - Sept 23
Renew financing :( and re-added Tow 9/5
EDD1 (9/10): Oct 29 - Dec 3
Well why TF did you add towing on 9/5? Do you actually want your car?

Thx for the info, my original scheduled delivery was 9/2, so this has been happening for about a week now. Sucks we didn’t get our cars a week earlier…
Yeah I still haven't heard anything back, how about you? Getting frustrated since I'm at risk of losing a couple thousand dollars with a trade-in that expires next week. I don't expect Tesla to honor jack, but seems unreasonable since delivery keeps getting pushed back due to their own logistical issues. My SA was wishy-washy when asking about it.

Well why TF did you add towing on 9/5? Do you actually want your car?
Re-added because that's what I originally wanted and I have been seeing same config with tow being delivered faster than non tow. Also based on My track record I was going to get delayed again either way.

Doing so also reset my order agreement to original order date of 4/6 vs 6/25

Last edited: