Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I only get my info from balanced reviewers like Bjørn Nyland

He was happy overall with the EQS AMG.
Mainly comfort and sound proofing was a plus.
Range and acceleration is acceptable.
Couldnt fit child stroller into the car whereas he could with model 3 (he hasnt reviewed 2023 plaid)
Otherwise the technology and software are slow and out of date. It looks like they have a 20 year old computer inlaid into a poorly designed console.
The efficiency of the car is bad
The handling is worse than tesla

Reactions: pts260
I only get my info from balanced reviewers like Bjørn Nyland

He was happy overall with the EQS AMG.
Mainly comfort and sound proofing was a plus.
Range and acceleration is acceptable.
Couldnt fit child stroller into the car whereas he could with model 3 (he hasnt reviewed 2023 plaid)
Otherwise the technology and software are slow and out of date. It looks like they have a 20 year old computer inlaid into a poorly designed console.
The efficiency of the car is bad
The handling is worse than tesla
Whatever….I get my opinions from myself because I’m the buyer. I can see you have a severe dislike of anything mercedes. The console is not poorly designed.
How can range be acceptable (noting the battery size) but it be inneficient? Surely the latter leads to poor range? To suggest the boot opening on a model 3 is larger and more practical is actually quite silly.

Last edited:
Reactions: EcoCloudIT
You won't be disappointed; the 53 AMG handles better than the M3P and drives much better. I drove the EQE 53 AMG yesterday and I have now cancelled my Plaid order. The build quality, looks, interior the crazy hyper screen and ceramic breaks etc etc. are just a complete package for me. Also, it can do the 0-100 in 3.18s if this is important. Not Plaid crazy quick, but quick enough for me.

Good luck to you all with Plaid orders, I have no doubt it will be a fun car.

Congrats, when do you get your new EQE 53 AMG?

Whatever….I get my opinions from myself because I’m the buyer. I can see you have a severe dislike of anything mercedes. The console is not poorly designed.
How can range be acceptable (noting the battery size) but it be inneficient? Surely the latter leads to poor range? To suggest the boot opening on a model 3 is larger and more practical is actually quite silly.
No need to keep replying to him, he obviously has a dislike of the EQE or Mercs in general.

Bottom line is, the EQE is so much better than anything Tesla has it's not even fair to compare them. When I read some of his comments, its easy to see that he has a massive dislike of anything that is not a Tesla.

I will enjoy my EQE as I am sure he will enjoy his Plaid or Model S, people enjoy different things, its normal. I have the model 3 performance, and yes, the suspension is MUCH better in the EQE and with the rear wheel steering, the handling is also better.

Anyway, I am a huge fan of Tesla and what Elon has done, but the EQE is just next level and really, its thanks to Tesla.

Big battery = ok range, more weight, worse handling/acceleration
I am not sure, but I think you are either blind to your hate of the EQE or just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

Worse handling and acceleration? Handles better than my M3P and the flaoty Model S. 3.18s 0-100 is not worse lol.

Here I thought that we are all EV fans, but I see you just have a hate of Mercedes. Good luck with your Model S I guess.

I am not sure, but I think you are either blind to your hate of the EQE or just want to argue for the sake of arguing.

Worse handling and acceleration? Handles better than my M3P and the flaoty Model S. 3.18s 0-100 is not worse lol.

Here I thought that we are all EV fans, but I see you just have a hate of Mercedes. Good luck with your Model S I guess.
It's amazing how you can gaslight even when im not even talking about a specific car.

I was responding directly to the question of how can a car have good range but be inefficient.

It's not about whether "I dont like mercedes". I'm just not comparing a 2023 premium vehicle to ancient model S versions in australia. Mercedes is possibly the best premium vehicle at the moment for some, but it's not because it's better than the plaid. It's because the plaid isnt avaliable.

Reactions: Burnt Toast