Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good. More competition is good. Too boxy for my liking. Who knows, it will grow on me. I don't need X immediately, but I would love to see some orders periodically for the S/X owners. Why the 3/Y buyers have all the fun here 🤣
We haven't even seen a RHD prototype. They haven't even started shipping the S or X to LHD Europe or China, so it's a question mark if it will ever come here at this stage.

Just got a "Prepare for delivery" update on a long range S order.
Anyone else got anything?
Is a batch of RHD is coming?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220724-183120.png
    Screenshot_20220724-183120.png
    388.6 KB · Views: 72
I like bigger wheels. Currently own XC90 21" with air suspension. I don't feel any discomfort. Since X also comes with air suspension, I am hoping it would be better.

No, it's not...my 21's on my Model S no issues (with air), the 22's on the X are insane...again I am not talking harshness of the ride I am talking about tracking all over the place, steering pulling from one side to the other...we had Tesla look at it (a number of times) and they just said it's normal....it's **four letter word*** horrible...put the 20's on and now drives true and correct.

As I said, I love big wheels (look and general handling) and I don't mind harshness to have the look/handling...but the 22's on the X are dreadful.

21's on the S, no problem....

Reactions: invincibleindn
No, it's not...my 21's on my Model S no issues (with air), the 22's on the X are insane...again I am not talking harshness of the ride I am talking about tracking all over the place, steering pulling from one side to the other...we had Tesla look at it (a number of times) and they just said it's normal....it's **four letter word*** horrible...put the 20's on and now drives true and correct.

As I said, I love big wheels (look and general handling) and I don't mind harshness to have the look/handling...but the 22's on the X are dreadful.

Is there a big difference in wheel offset between the 22” wheels and the others?
A big change to the wheel offset can mess with the Scrub Radius and cause stability issues.

Reactions: Benzz
Not sure tbh....just know when to swapped back it was a night and day difference in handling...swapped for Ski season and won't be swapping back...
Hmmm, this website suggests that on the X75D has 35mm offset on most wheel sizes including the 9X22 wheels but the 10X22 wheels that come on the rear of the 100D and Performance have 30mm offset.
If your car has 9X22 et35 wheels on front and rear that may explain some effect on handling but it’s more likely just the lower profile tyres exposing an alignment or suspension anomaly.

Hmmm, this website suggests that on the X75D has 35mm offset on most wheel sizes including the 9X22 wheels but the 10X22 wheels that come on the rear of the 100D and Performance have 30mm offset.
If your car has 9X22 et35 wheels on front and rear that may explain some effect on handling but it’s more likely just the lower profile tyres exposing an alignment or suspension anomaly.

The 22's are the performance staggered "version", I know this much to be true....Tesla did a number of alignments and concluded it's all good/normal, it was in my view bloody horrid.

All good now on the 20's.....anyone want to buy the 22's (in perfect condition)? :confused:

Four letter word??? I’m thinking it would a seven letter word ending in ’ing’, in order to be grammatically correct.🤣🤣

Thoughts on when we might see some S and X orders? This forum has become overloaded with Model Y posts lately (Have ordered one for the wife too) would be great to see some plaids getting delivered.
I spoke with a guy at the Chatswood store, he seemed to think late 2023 they'd start arriving here.
Apparently Fremont is all LHD nowadays, so they have to tool up Shanghai for the RHD S and X.
I'd take all that info with a grain of salt though.

I spoke with a guy at the Chatswood store, he seemed to think late 2023 they'd start arriving here.
Apparently Fremont is all LHD nowadays, so they have to tool up Shanghai for the RHD S and X.
I'd take all that info with a grain of salt though.
A date or guess as good as any. I've heard similar from the Tesla store staff I've spoken to. I'd order the Model X if there was a realistic chance it'd get here soon (rather than putting in an order right now for a far-off date - I don't see the point in joining the queue at the moment).