Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice car and better build quality but too slow compared to the cheaper plaid. Low 9 second daily driver? Bring it on!
Carbon Ceramic brake upgrade a must!
Model S Plaid Carbon Ceramic Brake Kit
Low 9 seconds….that’s useable like never on any Australian road. Even struggle to ever floor the M3P anywhere. But it’s probably like having a highly modified 4x4 which drops the kids at school and trawls the shopping center, but never used to its maximum ability. It’s about bragging rights but never needed or used. Though I can see your point of being hyper fast and a reasonable price tag considering band for the buck. It does sound tempting….

Low 9 seconds….that’s useable like never on any Australian road. Even struggle to ever floor the M3P anywhere. But it’s probably like having a highly modified 4x4 which drops the kids at school and trawls the shopping center, but never used to its maximum ability. It’s about bragging rights but never needed or used. Though I can see your point of being hyper fast and a reasonable price tag considering band for the buck. It does sound tempting….

Agree but I plan on taking it to the drags, roll racing and a few track days (once the brakes are upgraded)

Although not really a track car, it would be epic around Phillip Island and would probably max out down the straight.

Reactions: TSELA
Philip Island is a truly lovely place to do track days and its not too hard on the brakes unlike Sandown so should suit the Tesla well. The only bad thing is lack of ultra fast charging infrastructure on the island. At least at Sandown when I did my track day I could visit the Evie Ultra Fast. Sandown also had the 3 phase in the carpark for AC but yeah, the batteries go pretty quick on the track.

Philip Island is a truly lovely place to do track days and its not too hard on the brakes unlike Sandown so should suit the Tesla well. The only bad thing is lack of ultra fast charging infrastructure on the island. At least at Sandown when I did my track day I could visit the Evie Ultra Fast. Sandown also had the 3 phase in the carpark for AC but yeah, the batteries go pretty quick on the track.

Agree, its a great circuit, have done a few events there over the years in my ice track car.

I normally just stay somewhere nearby on the island and with that in mind I think the plaid with a full charge should get 2 or 3 sessions in which would be enough for me.

Compared to the older P100D it seems to still perform well on lower states of charge but I have no confidence the standard brakes would cope with the S weight and the speed required to wipe off in the braking zones.

OK, all of you waiting for your Tesla Model s or X, check out this new video for you EV Adopters.
In today's video we are focused on One Pedal Driving and Regenerative Braking. We demonstrate One Pedal Driving and Regenerative Braking and we discuss how it can extend your range. We also highlight how you can save money on maintenance with One Pedal Driving and Regenerative Braking. Please take a look!
This is just spam.

Reactions: mike_j
Yeah I figured.

Do one pedal driving at Phillip Island and you'll end up in the water or a sand trap.

For anyone visiting btw, there is the Phillip island go karts next to the track as well, its a mini version of the track.

But yeah a Tesla supercharger should be put into Bass Vic, you'd hit the Inverloch travellers and Phillip island travellers.

Reactions: Ottmeister
Moderators note:
The video posted recently has been removed by a senior moderator.
Posting a YT video, even one produced by the poster, is not against TMC rules.
Otherwise the recent Sydney to Darwin series would not be allowed.
In this case the member posted the same video in multiple forums at the same time. This is referred to as Cross Posting and IS against TMC rules, however due to security access reasons a local moderator is unable to action the breach on their own.
If a member post something you consider spam, please report the post as occurred here, but please don’t try to take on the poster yourself as it can result in flame wars and quickly escalate. It may take some while for action to occur but all reports are carefully examined.

I stopped on a deserted highway in Texas; jumped on the go pedal; immediately took the foot off as we went through 120 MPH (that's miles).
Came back to Oz and cancelled my order - I have enough trouble with my points as it is.
Brilliant in Texas though - want to go much faster - make it so...
Engage....

1660946805240.png

I stopped on a deserted highway in Texas; jumped on the go pedal; immediately took the foot off as we went through 120 MPH (that's miles).
Came back to Oz and cancelled my order - I have enough trouble with my points as it is.
Brilliant in Texas though - want to go much faster - make it so...
I'm still tempted by the Plaid, but I know that I'll end up capitulating and getting the LR when it comes out.