Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model X & S Waiting Room - AUSTRALIA (Orders cancelled by Tesla May2023)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke with a guy at the Chatswood store, he seemed to think late 2023 they'd start arriving here.
Apparently Fremont is all LHD nowadays, so they have to tool up Shanghai for the RHD S and X.
I'd take all that info with a grain of salt though.
I would seriously doubt they will make S or X anywhere but Fremont. Not enough demand to warrant making them in Shanghai. Also have my doubts that customers would pay 200k+ for S or X models made in Shanghai.

A date or guess as good as any. I've heard similar from the Tesla store staff I've spoken to. I'd order the Model X if there was a realistic chance it'd get here soon (rather than putting in an order right now for a far-off date - I don't see the point in joining the queue at the moment).
Agree with that, especially as they often don't seem to process orders in the order they were made.

European deliveries of new Model S and Model X to start in December.
We are likely 6 months behind that based on the original roll out.
The original roll-out was when they had two production lines for S/X. No they're down to 1, and can't fulfil demand in USA let alone Europe. I think there's a good chance it'll never make it here until the next generation.

Question. If you ordered a LR when it came out, ($150k) and wanted to upgrade to a Plaid for it's original price ($215k), do you think that's possible? Tesla has historically allowed users to upgrade at the oringal pricing, but before Tesla removed Australian pricing on the S and X, they had increased to $180k and $260k respectively.

Question. If you ordered a LR when it came out, ($150k) and wanted to upgrade to a Plaid for it's original price ($215k), do you think that's possible? Tesla has historically allowed users to upgrade at the oringal pricing, but before Tesla removed Australian pricing on the S and X, they had increased to $180k and $260k respectively.

I hate to say it but I highly doubt it. I ordered a Model S Plaid at the old pricing and I think its unlikely I will get it for that price.

Telsa made a point of telling me its a reservation and not an order when I asked if they knew when the Plaid would be released here.

I had sent an email asking the same last month i did not receive a response yet

I hate to say it but I highly doubt it. I ordered a Model S Plaid at the old pricing and I think its unlikely I will get it for that price.

Telsa made a point of telling me its a reservation and not an order when I asked if they knew when the Plaid would be released here.
You are probably right that they won't maintain the old price, but to be fair the website says "Order" at every step of the process.
You click "Order now" from the Model S page, then at the bottom of the configurator it says "Order your Model S", then the fee of $350 is called "Fully refundable order fee".
To be honest, I just want them to start bringing the cars into Australia. My car will be 7 years old in Oct 2023 and I have to sell it before then. I can't think of what else I would buy if the new Model S is still unavailable here.

Reactions: meloccom

You have a sales contract for the original price. Download the PDF. Traditionally Tesla has honoured these in Australia (other car makers have not).

You are probably right that they won't maintain the old price, but to be fair the website says "Order" at every step of the process.
You click "Order now" from the Model S page, then at the bottom of the configurator it says "Order your Model S", then the fee of $350 is called "Fully refundable order fee".
To be honest, I just want them to start bringing the cars into Australia. My car will be 7 years old in Oct 2023 and I have to sell it before then. I can't think of what else I would buy if the new Model S is still unavailable here.

Agree, my car is now almost 4 years old and out of warranty, im keen to upgrade and wanting to keep the next Model S for a long time.

EQE may beat the new Model S for Australia....

Agree, my car is now almost 4 years old and out of warranty, im keen to upgrade and wanting to keep the next Model S for a long time.
You could extend your current S's warranty another 4 years...sell it in 2-3 with 1-2 years remaining on the warranty...

I was in the same position 2 years ago with my S, sold my S and got a performance 3....really regret it...the S is a WAY better car than the 3's (sorry 3 owners, but the S really is so much better)....