Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed “2021” Model S waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be extremely welcome if the headlights are updated. At least in Europe, the Model S high beams are really sub standard. My Model 3 from 2019 has much better headlights, and from what I have read - these have now been further improved with adaptive headlights. Would be a shame if the S and X would not have this feature, or even better yet - something truly on par with Audi Laser Matrix headlights.
Anyone heard anything on this topic?
#livinginacountrythatsdarkninemonthsperyear
All the photos haven't really shown any updates. But this could be due to the fact they're all testers. I think I saw in a description that the MS has adaptive as well but I can't find that reference atm

No one has commented yet on the April 2 press release? I assume those 2,020 delivered S/X Models were prerefresh, inventory?

"The new Model S and Model X have also been exceptionally well received, with the new equipment installed and tested in Q1 and we are in the early stages of ramping production."

ProductionDeliveriesSubject to operating lease accounting
Model S/X-2,0206%
Model 3/Y180,338182,7807%
Total180,338184,8007%

Reactions: cascadilla
No one has commented yet on the April 2 press release? I assume those 2,020 delivered S/X Models were prerefresh, inventory?

"The new Model S and Model X have also been exceptionally well received, with the new equipment installed and tested in Q1 and we are in the early stages of ramping production."

ProductionDeliveriesSubject to operating lease accounting
Model S/X-2,0206%
Model 3/Y180,338182,7807%
Total180,338184,8007%

Nearly every quarter, there are thousands of cars in transit. Those S/X deliveries were vehicles built before the shutdown at the end of Q4 2020 and were delivered in Q1 2021. You can see the same with the 3/Y. There were 2442 more 3/Y vehicles delivered in Q1 2021 than were built in that period. They were built in Q4 2020 or earlier.

• Informative
Reactions: DukeofURL
So does my 2018, this is what I'm trying to figure out. Every time I hear about the new all-glass roof, it's described the same as we've had for 5 years. I like the current one, and would be happy to get this on my 2022(?) S, but if it's going to be a new feature, I'd like to see what's different about it!
Maybe the S/X will get electrochromic tint one of these days.

Reactions: Krash
I am waiting until end of June. That is it. I expect to have my 12/15 order by then. After that, I’m sticking with a gasser and wait to compare
Lucid and S next year. This is too aggravating.
no love for musk or this company. When true competition arrives he will change his ways or end up like a Chrysler dealer in the 80’s.

I am waiting until end of June. That is it. I expect to have my 12/15 order by then. After that, I’m sticking with a gasser and wait to compare
Lucid and S next year. This is too aggravating.
no love for musk or this company. When true competition arrives he will change his ways or end up like a Chrysler dealer in the 80’s.

Why not just get a better deal with the Cybertruck coming in the fall? Unless it's going to be another year late, too.

I’m not sure if anyone else is in this boat, but with my Model S Plaid order being delayed (with no concrete timeline) I may just cancel it and wait for my Tri-Motor Cybertruck reservation instead. 🤔
I’ll be willing to bet, I have one ordered too, that the tri-motor Cybertruck will have a fairly substantial price increase as deliveries are imminent.
C07A3BF5-C84E-4DCD-88F1-52883858DA18.jpeg

I’ll be willing to bet, I have one ordered too, that the tri-motor Cybertruck will have a fairly substantial price increase as deliveries are imminent.
View attachment 652933
No X in my toy collection;)
Keeping all my options open.
Likely I’ll eventually cancel the Plaid + & the Cyber Truck & Keep the Long Range & the Roadster.
A3642857-DE54-4FD2-A13D-B1F87321A41E.jpeg

I’m not sure if anyone else is in this boat, but with my Model S Plaid order being delayed (with no concrete timeline) I may just cancel it and wait for my Tri-Motor Cybertruck reservation instead. 🤔
Depending on where you are on the reservation list, you might not get the Cybertruck for a few years. Elon had mentioned in an interviewed some time ago that it would take Tesla four to five years to catch up to the demand, which was about 400k+ and is now 700k+

Depending on where you are on the reservation list, you might not get the Cybertruck for a few years. Elon had mentioned in an interviewed some time ago that it would take Tesla four to five years to catch up to the demand, which was about 400k+ and is now 700k+

Lot of those $100 reservations are vapor and will either cancel or postpone, or try to resell their position.

Yo - did not see this thread yet. Anybody else waiting?

I was going to come post an update.

I ordered a non-plaid, silver, white interiod the day after reveal, and my delivery (Missouri) has shown 01 March - 31 March until today. It has changed to simply March.

Figured it was worth sharing as it was obviously changed - whether it be a simple webdev update - such as simplifying some fields, or actually changed due to production realizations is unknown.
Me too. I ordered the same and and had the same delivery dates. Now nothing. Terrible customer service.